Hey fellow cubers... Has anyone used any kind of distortion pedal with cleans on a cube 30. If so what was it and how does it sound... I considered gettin a metal muff or something but i don't know what would sound good... Don't live near a guitar store so i can't just freely go test some out. Some suggestions would be good.

Also i know a different amp would be a better choice but for now its not an option
TBH i cant see it being any better than the high gain channel but i honestly don't have empirical proof.

But i will say this. I know the desire to buy gear is strong but if the sound of your amp is not what you're after...................... well we all know where this is going.

EDIT right i was too lazy to read the last line, i fail, anyway, as i said dont expect anything special.
Fender Deluxe Strat HSS
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Orange Rocker 30 Combo
Seymour Duncan Twin Tube Mayhem
Roland Microcube
Boss Micro BR
Korg Pitchblack
EHX Holy Grail
Hohner 3/4 Classical
Ya a new amp would be clutch for me but does anyone else have any input?
I used external pedals with my microcube all the time. The only one that sounded like ass was the Bad Monkey.

Thats not a cube 30 though.
i imagine they're close. tried a micro cube and the cleans sounded similar. Any favorite in particular?
Quote by tomsy49
Hey fellow cubers... Has anyone used any kind of distortion pedal with cleans on a cube 30. If so what was it and how does it sound... I considered gettin a metal muff or something but i don't know what would sound good... Don't live near a guitar store so i can't just freely go test some out. Some suggestions would be good.

Also i know a different amp would be a better choice but for now its not an option

I've got some good/bad news.

The bad news: Pedals won't make the Cubes sound much better.

The good news: The cube's built in distortions are actually REALLY damn good. I have a valveking 112 (all-tube amp) with some pretty decent pedals that, when added to the valveking's clean channel, produce a VERY pleasing distortion. That said, I NEVER EVER mind using my Microcube due to it's built in distortions having such a great tone.

So yeah. If you want different distortions, your best bet is to get something like an Epiphone Valve Junior and THEN get your distortion pedals.
^
the tone isn't really amazing dude.

it's just great for the size, and the cost making it a perfect practice amp..

but yeah the distortion is gonna' be better then a stompbox.. just use the high gain, metal, rectifier, or whatever your kind of cube has.
I can't see how a pedal would be better than the r-fier distortion that's built into the cube....?
alright i'll just stick out the cube till i can get a tube amp. Do most people agree on the valveking as a good practise/small gig tube amp? Or the classic 30? or Sample246 said the valve junior.... anyone have anything better?
Well the classic 30's and Valvekings arn't going to get you the metal tone your after .... well I'm guessing your after since you want to buy a metal muff. Go check out some Bugera amps and the Randall 50TC.
Oh.... well you can still search the net for soundclips I guess :S

Whats with all these people living no where near Guitar shops, the nearest one to me is about 40 minutes away and I have no problem travelling down there to go try out gear. Are the majority of users on here just lazy as hell ?
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
my closest guitar shop is an hour and a half away and i work so its quite a way to go just to play around.
i agree... i'd never buy something without tryin it but i just can't go whenever i want
i tried my pedal with my cube, and it sounded almost exactly like the rfier, only a little bit better
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard