I am looking for a new guitar with humbuckers cause im looking to get a more hard rockish beefier tone and i just dont want to mess with my strat cause ilove it. anyway i was wondering if the epiphone les paul custom would be good to play ska, and harder rock and some metal, but not hard hard hard metal just like metal...confusing sorry. I was also looking at the Ibanez RG4EXQM1 and the schecter C-1 plus or something (i tried it out in guitar center and i really like how it sounded) i just dont remember its name because i looked at the C-1 in the website but it doesnt show the kind of color purple that it had in the store so i may have read it wrong or something. I would prefer something with a locking tremolo but yeah if there are any good guitars around these prices ranges like around $600 thats cool, i dont mind buying used either. I dont know if i left out anything and if i did just ask me por favor.
My Gear:
Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster
Squire Stratocaster
Vox AD30VT
Boss DS-1
Boss Super Chorus
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
Schecter C-1 hellraiser methinks is what you are saying. great guitar for metal/hard rock. also one of the best for the money, i'd say go for it. not too sure about the epi tho... havent played it.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
What are your thoughts on the ibanez one? (im pretty sure ima go for the epi once i find a store in stock with it) i was always curious how that ibanez is.
My Gear:
Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster
Squire Stratocaster
Vox AD30VT
Boss DS-1
Boss Super Chorus
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
I'd say go with the Epi, fits almost perfectly.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
I just got a Ibanez RGT42FX for under 600 brand new at a local guitar shop... here is a link to some info: RGT42FX

If you really want one with a tremolo, here is the same model with a tremolo: RGT42DX

Also, I am new to guitar but my RGT42FX seems to be build like a tank, in a good way.