Page 1 of 2
I really need a new iPod and their both $250. I already have a little more than 7 gigs of music on iTunes now. The touch is cool and all but it has limited memory and the Classic is cool but it has more memory than I would ever need.

What are your opinions on these iPods? And don't say don't get a iPod, I'm already in too deep with iTunes to make the switch
Rhythm Harmony Melody
Classic. My friend has and it's great.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
32 gigs is limited?

I have the classic, but the touch looks awesome.
LARGE TEXT
Would you be getting the 16 or 32gb touch? How long has it taken you to amass your 7gig library? If it hasn't been long, get the classic, if it's been a while, get the touch.
Quote by pureebil333
touch

lol ur sig is great
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
I got the 80gig classic a week ago.
It's awesome.
Get it.

If you're worried about not using the memory, use t3h pr0nz ololol
But seriously, stick a DVD of a band you like on it. I'm trying to rip my Coheed DVD.
classic and get a bunch of videos to fill the slack space
like mines full of family guy and movies
My meh gear:
ESP LTD MH-400NT
Peavey Raptor Plus EXP
Digitech RP90
Digitech Bad Monkey
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi (WTS)
Crate GT15 (SHIT)

GAS:
Peavey 6505 112 combo
MXR 10-band EQ
Ibanez TS-9
Boss HR-2
Compressor (open to suggestions)
classic. i have like 8 films on mine, and having all that space to fill really inspired me to expand my music library too.
FOR SALE:

Wilkinson EZ lok Tuners - £15
Dunlop 535q Multiwah - £80

Offers/Trades anyone?
Definitely the Touch. The Classic rocks if you have TONS of music that you want with you all the time, but the Touch freaking owns.
Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
Classic, fill with your films and favourite tv shows.
My 8 gig 2nd gen nano, has run out of space for my music
Quote by MetalHead73
So I, with a broomstick(Just in case) walk right where they can see me and I said:

"You kids ever taken a broom up the ass?"

The look on their face was priceless, and they ran, and I mean ran like a bat out of hell.
Most people find that they don't have that much time to watch movies and shows, and when they do they can watch it on a real screen.
There's too many problems with the touch, so I'd go with the classic. Though one thing I do like about the Touch is the internet, but yet again, do you need that?
Classic.

Longer battery life, movies fill up space fast, and drains battery life right out of the touch. I love my classic.
Quote by Varkunus
well i got an MG
i prefer the touch, i have never liked the big pods. and the touch should last your collection, at least for quite some time.
*hijack*

Where can you pick up a classic cheap in the UK ?
Quote by MetalHead73
So I, with a broomstick(Just in case) walk right where they can see me and I said:

The look on their face was priceless, and they ran, and I mean ran like a bat out of hell.
I do. I'd love to have the internet with me. Wifi is everywhere here. And the Touch hardly has issues. Just as much as the Classic
touch. you can get all kinds of amazing illegal programs and stuff on it. my friend can hack peoples computers with his via bluetooth.
i have a classic, i've never filled it up

but touch u can do alot more and u can just put 7gb of the songs u like in it, it's not like ull ever listen to all of your songs anyway.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Quote by LoveBuzz87
Classic.

Longer battery life, movies fill up space fast, and drains battery life right out of the touch. I love my classic.

Rarely will someone fill up their Touch with movies. That's dumb. People RARELY have 2 hours of just sitting while they're away from home. Listening to music is better in those situations anyway.
But the touch screen novelty fades after a while, in which it becomes annoying, and everyone who hasn't seen it yet, (or has in some cases) want's to 'touch' it. Comes with the name... (should have called it a don't touch... .... fail)

Ahh... I want a classic So many things, so little money....

Edit: Plus the screen get's all smudgy

Plus nothing like watching some Black Books while in bed... alone... cough, and not waking up the whole house.
Quote by MetalHead73

Last edited by Scrubs at May 26, 2008,
And with the SDK out, you don't really need to jailbreak it, and there will be all these amazing programs out for it and everything.
I've got a touch and my I have a close friend with a classic. Maybe I've just been lucky, but we got them at almost exactly the same time and she's already had to send hers in to be fixed twice. Mine hasn't failed yet. If you honestly think that 32 gigs won't be enough for you in the near future then go with the classic, but the touch is great too.
Quote by goldmember1217
I swallow it whole, like a man.
That was just bad luck. iPods have a low failure rate.
try and find a 5th generation iPod Video.

The best iPod in the iPod family BY FAR.

If you don't want to do that, the Classic.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
It entirely depends on the amount of music you have.
Personally I've got over 45Gb of music so I'd need a classic, plus I'd also shove a load of films/tv shows on there etc.

But if I had enough to fit on a Touch I'd certainly get one of them over the Classic any day.
go to youtube and search for hacked ipod touch. you can put teh poekmons on there and any GBA/GBC game you want, as well as running cool applications like IM, email, etc. i know most of that stuff is unnessicary but common it is damn cool to have pokemon on your ipod
[insert pokemon cat picture]

That's what your psp is for... NES to GBA ... Emulation
>_>
<_<
*runs*
Quote by MetalHead73

Quote by Scrubs
[insert pokemon cat picture]

That's what your psp is for... NES to GBA ... Emulation
>_>
<_<
*runs*

thats why i have a zune and a psp..my psp is dank as **** i got full games on there and a bunch of full PS1 games running at full speed, custom theme, all the pokemon games and all the hacked pokemon games like pokemon chaos black..****in cool ****
Hmmmmm..... there's an idea..... Zune's? how big do they get, and cheaper than iPod can they play movies too?

ach... I'll google
Quote by MetalHead73

for 250 you can get a 80GB zune. the reason id prefer it over the ipod is the badass screen which is great for movies and tv shows, awesome interface, and the nice premium headphones. however if you really are in love with itunes i would just stick with an ipod. it took me a long time to get used to the zune software, its not nearly as good as itunes. a plus though is the zune pass, for 15 dollars a month u can put unlimited music on your zune
the ipod touch is pretty cool, but it lacks a decent hard drive. 8 gigs is not enough for music lovers like me.

i currently have a classic and it suits my needs. maybe if Apple comes out with a Touch with a bigger hard drive i'd buy one but only then.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
CLASSIC

/thread
Ivan!

Proghead+Metalhead= ME

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

URL=http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ar gentina
alot of my friends have the touch and iv borowed it from them every now and then, and its pretty sick. but functionally all you really need is a classic
Page 1 of 2