August 3rd - K-Lizzle
August 10th - sre9981
September 14th - Monkeygone2hvn

September 28th - jimmy_neutron

UPCOMING
October 5th - paintITblack39 or Arthur Curry
October 12th - j0nmcc

Many thanks to uhh_me? to compliling the list

If you want to do one, sign up is in this thread.

Start a new thread to post your actual mixtape and I will sticky it.

Cheers

Jon
I don't feel like doing mine. I'll gladly give it away to someone else.

Edit: My spot, that is.
Last edited by European Son at Aug 8, 2008,
I realise I'm not a regular poster (regular lurker though), so if you're a little uncertain I suppose it's fair enough, but I wouldn't mind taking up a slot...
I'd like to do a mixtape =D
In an interstellar burst! I am back to save the universe...
that is what i came here to mention. how about we leave this weeks blank and hope things are sorted out by next week.
It was bound to happen at some point though wasn't it?
There was an article at one point from someone saying how they hoped Muxtape didn't suddenly get a load of attention. Straight after it appeared everywhere...
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Could there be an exception made until Muxtape is back up for everyone to make a band on their profile page and upload the mix to that where people can listen?

I know we arent officially allowed to upload copyrighted songs, but they would be taken down after a week and besides its only temporary?
via the muxtape tumblr: "No artists or labels have complained. The site is not closed indefinitely. Stay tuned."

this bodes well for us. i am hoping this all just has to do with working stuff out with the RIAA before the launch of Muxtape For Bands.
The Blues & Jazz forum mixes their mix down to a single mp3 then puts it on megaupload. Its not as nice as muxtape, but it works...
that's what we used to do, isn't it? i just hate having to download and decipher through the tracks.
^ Yeah it was but no one else seemed to be able to want to do it...

Quote by uhh_me?
via the muxtape tumblr: "No artists or labels have complained. The site is not closed indefinitely. Stay tuned."

this bodes well for us. i am hoping this all just has to do with working stuff out with the RIAA before the launch of Muxtape For Bands.

I don't really see what problem they (the RIAA) could have with muxtape as you can't download from it and it has surely only helped promote bands. They're loonies though so all that can be done is to keep the fingers crossed (bastards).

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Whats going on with this does anyone know?

This is supposed to be my week, but obviously its been suspended. No problem or anything, but im going on holidays on Sunday so i wont be able to do anything until the 16th unless its up by Sunday.....
Should think it will be a while yet. Just consider it paused for now. If it's not back up soon we'll try and find something new.

RateYourMusic
Right well if Muxtape is back up before im back then just skip me and ill post when im home. Ill be home on the 16th of September
^ We'll make that week a special week

Quote by uhh_me?
if everyone hosted their own website, we could continue using this: http://opentape.fm

Good site, but does anyone have the webspace?

EDIT: So dminishedthingy in the metal forum radio thread has discovered 8tracks.com which looks to follow the same idea as muxtape. Worth a shot?

RateYourMusic
we can give 8tracks a shot, for now, and move things, including the ones done on 8tracks, back to muxtape when it comes back.
The muxtapes ones were 12 tracks though right. 8 track like the name would suggest, looks to only allows 8 tack mixes. Should we do like a tape and a half, or should we cut it down to 8?

Edit: wait no, it appears that i am full of crap, we are allowed more than 8
Last edited by jimmy_neutron at Aug 28, 2008,
i'm kind of confused on how this works, but i'd like to do one. could someone please tell me the general things like what i need to to and stuff like that?

thanks
Quote by skvvisgaar
You have to paint it specifically alpine white? Damn, they are real colour-nazis in Berlin.
oh wait...

Quote by Eighteen4Ever
But I don't cum blood.
Unless by "cum blood" you mean "have white hair on my balls".
In which case,
yes, I do cum blood.
Quote by jimmy_neutron
The muxtapes pnes were 12 tracks though right. 8 track like the name would suggest, looks to only allows 8 tack mixes. Should we do like a tape and a half, or should we cut it down to 8?

your call really. i would probably have the full 12 tracks ready and just pick 8 to use for now.
Quote by Crackity_Jones
i'm kind of confused on how this works, but i'd like to do one. could someone please tell me the general things like what i need to to and stuff like that?

thanks

right now things are sort of a mess because of muxtape being down. but once things get worked out:
1)sign up for a date.
2)create mix.
3)go to muxtape.com (right now we might be using 8tracks or opentape)
4)upload songs.
5)save it and start a new thread with a link to your mix.
apologies for the Double post, but any mix i have tried to play through the site, has had an error, ar you get that aswell uhh?

Edit: Wait no, its working now!
Last edited by jimmy_neutron at Aug 28, 2008,
everything seems to play fine for me on it. i am not crazy about the interface though...

it will work for now.
like do these have to be brand new songs, or what?
Quote by skvvisgaar
You have to paint it specifically alpine white? Damn, they are real colour-nazis in Berlin.
oh wait...

Quote by Eighteen4Ever
But I don't cum blood.
In which case,
yes, I do cum blood.
nope, it is completely your call as to what you want to put on your mix. interested in signing up for one?
yeah, ill do one. just tell me what site i need to use.
Quote by skvvisgaar
oh wait...

Quote by Eighteen4Ever
But I don't cum blood.
In which case,
yes, I do cum blood.
i just finished my upcoming one, im pretty stoked about it. it has 17 tracks though so hopefully thats alright with everyone.
Page 1 of 2