My Guitarists and I kinda get into little scuffles about where to put my bass amp. I think it should go right next to the drums. what do yall think?

w/o bass n drums, there wouldn't really be rock music.

Schecter is pronounced 'Shek-ter', right? I don't want to walk in and say, "Hey, can I try out that Sketcher?" and have the helper reply with "Wtf, we don't sell shoes!"
it doesn't really matter that much. regardless of what we do we will always be the least involved in everything.
I guess it depends on what other instruments you need to hear to play your parts.
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
regardless of what we do we will always be the least involved in everything.

*sighs*
w/o bass n drums, there wouldn't really be rock music.

Schecter is pronounced 'Shek-ter', right? I don't want to walk in and say, "Hey, can I try out that Sketcher?" and have the helper reply with "Wtf, we don't sell shoes!"
Quote by whosamerica
it doesn't really matter that much. regardless of what we do we will always be the least involved in everything.

...really?
First Emo of the Bass Militia PM DinkyDaisy to join
Quote by metaldud536
Did your know your son likes to fap?

Quote by Minkaro
I'd rather shove a Pidgeot up my arse than spend any time with Jimmy Page.

Quote by Table Salt
You win for making me really laugh.

add that:
Myspace
The logical solution is the side of the drums the guitar player is not on. If you have two guitar players, have them share a side, or have each of them take a side and you go all Steve Harris. Meaning you stand in front and have minor scuffles with your vocalist.
Quote by OThugSd
I guess it depends on what other instruments you need to hear to play your parts.

Everything, all the instruments, need to be as clear as possible, thats the most important thing to adhere to.
Last edited by AngryGoldfish at May 26, 2008,
Quote by shdowfox17
...really?

tis the legacy of bassists. or you can be like. les claypool popular. but then everybody hates you.
Quote by whosamerica
tis the legacy of bassists. or you can be like. les claypool popular. but then everybody hates you.

too good for your own good?
lol

well the honest answer for that should be (if two guitars) between the two guitar amps and if one guitar,on the opposite side.

but honestly,it should be where it sounds best.
First Emo of the Bass Militia PM DinkyDaisy to join
Quote by metaldud536
Did your know your son likes to fap?

Quote by Minkaro
I'd rather shove a Pidgeot up my arse than spend any time with Jimmy Page.

Quote by Table Salt
You win for making me really laugh.

add that:
Myspace
Quote by Captain Insano
I always take stage left. No idea why.

Same here, now that I think about it. hmmm...
Quote by reaume140
I always go on the left side too..

I don't gig, but I feel like if I did that would be most comfortable for me, how wierd.
Left side as in the bands perspective I assume.
ive never gigged before but i know i would go on the left. The only reason i can think why is because if you were on the right the cable would behind your legs and you would fall over(?)
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
I'm usually on the left with the rythm guitarist on the left of me. The drummer to the right. The lead guitarist slightly to the right next the singer so they can share a mic.

check out all they videos on youtube
they dead serious about thuggin like that
if you ask me they are fruity
an i hope one morning they drown in there fruit loops
I'm usually on the right, because that is the only space on my school stage for the amp.

However, if you are on the left, I suppose you are less likely to clobber someone with your neck.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by whosamerica

Ummm..........No

Originally Posted by Draekon

A song im very good at is Raining Blood!
"RAINING BLOOD! from a lacerated sky! Bleed is Horror! I bleed destruction, and now i shall REIGN IN BLOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Is that what he says?
Quote by basser4ever123
My Guitarists and I kinda get into little scuffles about where to put my bass amp. I think it should go right next to the drums. what do yall think?

If it's right next to the drums, it'll do that annoying thing where the bass shakes the snare.
Quote by whosamerica

Thats the most funniest and biggest crap i heard this month. This has more to do with you or your band then bassist in general.

I won't even begin to name bands and songs where the bass is most involved.
To Be is to Do -Socrates-
To Do is to Be -Sartre-
Do be do be do -Sinatra
Quote by whosamerica

Yeah, right. That John Entwistle sure was dispised.

Anyway, every show I've ever played had a backline which I've used, and they've always been set up stage left.

We practice in my basement, and I'm actually in the middle. The drummer and I face eachother, and the guitar player is somewhat perpendicular across the room with my vocal monitor between he and I. So, basically, the only thing the drummer can hear is my bass playing, and the guitar player is the only one who can hear my singing, including me.

Not intended, but there you go.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by chrisatgrace
i'm usually on the left as well....creepy.

even when im on lead/rhythm guitar i was on the left, once in the church praise band they shoved me way over to the right and it felt really weird...bass or no bass, the left just seems the best place to be.
AMPS:
Bugera 333XL
Orange AD30
VoxAC30cc2
ELECTRIC GUITARS:
Les Paul Standard 60s Neck
Jackson DKM2
Godin Solidac
ACOUSTICS:
Taylor 714CE
#1 Influence:
RUSH!!!
The one proper gig I've played I was on the right side, I have no idea why though, just think I prefer it.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
My drummer sings so sometimes I just stand in front, which is kind of wierd compared to other bands.
TBK ||RIP
BBAS||RIP
50RR||RIP
AO|| RIP
WMW||RIP
SF||RIP
SMB||RIP
TS||RIP

HYW
Heh, I've just realised that I play to the left of the drummer. I always thought in my mind I would play on the right but i guess i usually like playing to the left unless the bass amp is in a different place.
Quote by WolfBlackRiver
even when im on lead/rhythm guitar i was on the left, once in the church praise band they shoved me way over to the right and it felt really weird...bass or no bass, the left just seems the best place to be.

weird. when i play guitar though i'm always on the right.
Too cool for a signature.
I stick it right in front of me. then I can really hear my mistakes, just in case they sound good.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
i set-up on my drummers left side. from there, i can see his kick drum pedal. i use that as a visual reference for my timing. for a live setting, without PA support for the instruments, i put my amp as close to the drums as possible, so the drummer can hear me better. we put the lead guitar on the right. if there is a rhythm he goes on my left. if it a small practice situation, we just basically face each other. there really is no right, or wrong way to set-up. you guys just have to find what way sounds best for you.