I'm going to save up for a guitar this summer and I'm seeking guidance on what guitar to buy. I listen to mostly hardcore and metalcore but I also listen to more alternative stuff like Brand New and some pop punk. Along with this I also play at church so I want something that's going to be pretty versatile. (Coil tapping?) I just played a PRS Standard 22 Satin with the wide fat neck which was definitely my favorite guitar I've ever played until i saw the price tag, $1800. While I would be willing to pay this much, that would probably be my entire summer's pay. Help?
Squier Fat Strat
Fender Cyber Deluxe 65w
Larivee LV-03E <-- uhuhuhuh.
If you really like it, look for a used one. The PRS's tend to hold their value pretty well, but you might find a 3-5 year old one for about a grand.
1999 Gibson LP R9
2006 Tele John Cruz Masterbuilt
2007 MIA Strat Sunburst
2008 PRS SC-J Thinline Black Cherry/Bigsby (for sale)
2009 Zerberus Hydra II
2009 Custom Red Strat

Traynor YCV-50 Blue
I would prefer to spend about $1000 but I could spend the $1800. I'm playing through a Fender Cyber Deluxe. It's 65 watts, solid state, and modeling. It actually sounds really good for a solid state imo.
Squier Fat Strat
Fender Cyber Deluxe 65w
The SG's neck is a little bigger than I like and I'm scared of the quality control Gibson's been offering as of late.
Squier Fat Strat
Fender Cyber Deluxe 65w
try ibanez s series i got 2 of them a prestiege and a normal one and i get alott of versital sounds out of it i can get a almost acoustic sound with the middle single coil/bottom half of rythem pick up and a lott of sounds
Yeah one of my friends has an Ibanez. I liked playing it a lot but I don't especially want a locking trem. Does that model have one?
Squier Fat Strat
Fender Cyber Deluxe 65w
MusicMan John Petrucci all the way!
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
yea the s series has a locking zr1 bridge with is a billion times better and smoother than a floyd rose the low e has a fine tuner that you can go down and up a whole step with and i you tune the whole thing down theres a little nut on the back u tighten and the bridge levels again. goto gc and try one out you can get a 24 fret prestige for around 1200
or a normal 24 fret for around 6oo but i like the prestige allot more
OK I'll have to take a look at that. Thanks
Squier Fat Strat
Fender Cyber Deluxe 65w
So how would an Ibanez Prestige compare to the PRS Standard in tone and build quality?
Squier Fat Strat
Fender Cyber Deluxe 65w
Quote by C_Dizzle
So how would an Ibanez Prestige compare to the PRS Standard in tone and build quality?

PRS definitely have the upside on build quality. Whether the tone is better or not is all up to you.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden