Im wanting to buy one from GC I play alot of Trash and some Modern Metal. what are your thoughts on it as far as sound, reliabitity an all. Also considering a VK 112. If I get enough feedback from this thread I will buy tonight with my new GC card. Im siked that I can just get a new amp but I need advice.
They're pretty popular and well respected around these parts. Guitar player mag liked them too.
I think they still have a video review of it on their site.
i got a at-100 half stack and i love the tone i changed out the stock tubes tho it sounds great its a poor mans messa boogie
i have the at-100 as well, i love the damn thing, its amazing. being a metalhead, however, i wanted more distortion and boost for stuff like avenged sevenfold, so i use my metal muff through my amps clean channel, and that works very well. otherwise, the tone is just incredible.
Looks like I'll be getting one the only thing is that its 60 watts but, I'll be ok with that. I only play in my room but I do dime my 5 watter once a week. How will it sound with low practice volume with a OD like my Maxon?
Quote by Titans36
I play alot of Trash and some Modern Metal.

haha.
Id go with at-100 any day over valveking for metal. as above said, poor man's mesa.
Ibanez S520ex
Epiphone G-400
Roland Microcube
Alvarez MC90
Haven't limited experience with both amps I found that I could get a useable metal tone quite easily from the b-52. I would get the b-52 since you like it and I believe you need to swap speakers and tubes to get the most out of the vk.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Titans36
Looks like I'll be getting one the only thing is that its 60 watts but, I'll be ok with that. I only play in my room but I do dime my 5 watter once a week. How will it sound with low practice volume with a OD like my Maxon?

I've got the B-52 AT212, which is the same 100watt amp as is in the head, and the thing is loud as hell... Had to buy an attenuator to really be able to open it up without going deaf or to jail...

The 60 watt 112 is going to be loud as hell too.... But the AT amps are really killer amps...
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
OK I bought it...I guess I'll be getting an attentuator also but not sure what to buy...Any advice on the best low cost one that I can buy? If you could provide me to a link of the exact one I would need that would be great.
Quote by Titans36
OK I bought it...I guess I'll be getting an attentuator also but not sure what to buy...Any advice on the best low cost one that I can buy? If you could provide me to a link of the exact one I would need that would be great.

I have a Hot Plate, Weber makes cheaper attenuators for around $200 or less

http://www.tedweber.com/atten.htm
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5