I'm writing a research paper about how the guitarists of the 60's and 70's changed the way guitar was played.

I'm using Pete Townshend, Jimi Hendrix, and Eddie Van Halen as examples. I'd like at least one more to use and write about. Thanks for the suggestions.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
well I guess I'll use Tony Iommi then. Thanks!

You guys can use this thread to debate who changed guitar more or whatever.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Jeff Beck doesn't play with a pick. Don't remember if he was 70's or 60's I think so though...

Jimi didn't start tapping but I believed he used it before it was popularized.
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
Last edited by AthenasGhost at May 26, 2008,
Jimi is lefthanded.
Did he also introduce tapping?
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
Quote by iTzMaTT
Jimi is lefthanded.
Did he also introduce tapping?

No, at least I don't believe so. Eddie Van Halen started the whole tapping idea... at least popularized it.

Quote by pucci6d6
Tonny Iommi. He kinda pretty much started the downtuned and heavy riffs era.

He speaks the motherf***ing truth. Iommi pwns.
You're awesome
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
gilmour his whole integration of blues-ish licks into psycadellic tracks. 1 ex. = shine on you crazy diamond