i have a kh-202 right now with the stocks, and heres my problem, i really like metalcore like all that remains, but i also like stuff like steve vai and malmsteen, are there any pickups that can get me both sounds?
EMG's!
Stuff from Steve Vai and Malmsteen require DiMarzios which break your wallet like HELL.
Go for EMG's dude, I think they're pretty versatile for your style.
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
ive been really thinking about emg's i mean sure i like vai but i LOVE metal
NOOO don't get EMGs. Do like the guy above me and get a set of dimarzzio evolutions.

Much better tone......but then again that comment was my opinion and I really dislike EMGs......try out some guitars with different pickups and buy a set of pickups that sound the best to you.
Quote by john{ND}{NGD}
NOOO don't get EMGs. Do like the guy above me and get a set of dimarzzio evolutions.

Much better tone......but then again that comment was my opinion and I really dislike EMGs......try out some guitars with different pickups and buy a set of pickups that sound the best to you.

DiMarzios are expensive dude...
That's if he really has no budget.
No budget = just go for DiMarzios. Try different sets out like this dude said.
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
Quote by john{ND}{NGD}

+1
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Dimarzio's are expensive!
LOL
An EMG is like 1.5 times the price of the Dimarzio
Just know which Dimarzio to get.
Schecter Daimen FR Special
Guitar Rig 3
huge sound for metal+versatility and tone for proggressive?

dimarzio X2N. im not sure about it with your guitar though. it only sounds good in real tonewood guitars.