Hey All,

Ive taken the liberty of buying a guitar and a few accessories to begin learning guitar. I am on the road a lot for work, so I spend a lot of time in hotels...and sometimes im even home for weeks at a time and work from home. Anyway I purchased a Epiphone Les Paul Special II today with a Vox portable amp (headphone jack plugin?) and hardcase for travel...

I was wondering if this is a good starter guitar? It was pretty sexy looking and very affordable...I am not lookin for any particular sound, hopefully in the future I will look towards playing some Pearl Jam, the killers, tool, brand new etc.

Also, reccommend a starter amp?? I was lookin at the fender 10g amp but it got Meh reviews...I dont need anything huge since I live in an apartment...

I figure the Vox portable headphone plug-in is good for practicing in a hotel or at home late at night...

Last question, what kind of picks should I be lookin to get? I ordered medium/heavy picks...

I havent recieved anything since I ordered it all on musicians friend today...

Let me know.

Thanks,
The Vox amp will get you set for a while. I've also heard good stuff about Roland Cubes, they're both similar in design though.

For the picks, just try out different shapes, sizes, weights, etc. Whatever you're comfortable with will be good for you.
Quote by CrzyGuitarist93
For the picks, just try out different shapes, sizes, weights, etc. Whatever you're comfortable with will be good for you.

+1

I think the Epiphone is a great guitar, starter or not, you definitely made a good choice!

+ you did the Epiphone, Vox combo, nice
The best thing to do is just try out different stuff with picks.
Amp is good now until you wanna get serious and go for combos or stacks.
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
Ok cool, yea I read reviews for days and days before I made my final choices...

I probably should have come here first...doh.

Im prety damn stoked that you approve of the guitar...Vintage cherry sunburst is pure sex.
Quote by SRTtoZ
Ok cool, yea I read reviews for days and days before I made my final choices...

I probably should have come here first...doh.

Im prety damn stoked that you approve of the guitar...Vintage cherry sunburst is pure sex.

You sound like me haha ^.^ Always doing a bunch of research before I do anything.

You're doing much better then probably half of us did when we started out.