recently i bought a Traben Bass being mostly a Guitarist i was a bit cofused when buying bass strings...so i went down to my local guitar shop and picked up some Ernie Ball 5-string regular bass strings and when i took them out i noticed there was a skinny part of each string to go down inside the tuner on the headstock but when i wound it up, the fat part of the string never reached the Nut. even when i cut the end off the string a little more it was still an inch from going across the Nut, i looked up directions for winding a bass with new strings but they seem to be for a shorter neck than the traben or am i just doing it wrong.
AMPS:
Bugera 333XL
Orange AD30
VoxAC30cc2
ELECTRIC GUITARS:
Les Paul Standard 60s Neck
Jackson DKM2
Godin Solidac
ACOUSTICS:
Taylor 714CE
#1 Influence:
RUSH!!!
I own a Traben as well. You'll have to get Long-Scale strings in order to make it work. I also had to file the nut a bit to fit the B string in there.
BASSES

Yamaha RBX270L Custom Fretless
Traben Tribal Sun 5 L
Fender Custom Jazz Bass L

EFFECTS

BOSS DD-7
BOSS OC-3
BOSS RC-2
BOSS TU-2
Tech 21 Sans Amp Bass Driver DI

AMP

Yorkville XM200 Combo
Name of the model of the bass you own?

Possible that your bass may be both string-through and/or longer scale (35" or so compared to 34"). You may need to buy the extra long scale strings.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
thanks alot! stinks though lol i just mangled half of a pair of strings, thinkin of making a necklace out of them lol.
AMPS:
Bugera 333XL
Orange AD30
VoxAC30cc2
ELECTRIC GUITARS:
Les Paul Standard 60s Neck
Jackson DKM2
Godin Solidac
ACOUSTICS:
Taylor 714CE
#1 Influence:
RUSH!!!