NOT ANSWERED, at least not to a great extent.

So, thanx anyways.
Epi Gothic Thunderbird
Squier P-Bass w/new pups
Ibanez RG7321
Washburn Acoustic Guitar
SWR LA 12

POD X3 Live $300/500.
Last edited by AfroMan Skeeter at May 27, 2008,
I could, I don't think I want to pay for anything expensive by Gallien-Krueger again. Peavey does have a nice 4x10, but I'm looking for a full-stack since I don't have a lot of watts (whether or not that makes sense).
Epi Gothic Thunderbird
Squier P-Bass w/new pups
Ibanez RG7321
Washburn Acoustic Guitar
SWR LA 12

POD X3 Live $300/500.
Quote by Captain Insano
High end GK stuff is nice. Low end GK stuff is crap.

Anything to back that up?
I mean I had a GK 1001 RB-II Head and I don't miss it at all. I got better tones out of a Behringer 4500 Head with a POS cab.

Everyone has a different preference for their "perfect tone," I'm asking for opinions with reasons on these cabs, not just "Low end GK stuff is crap."
Epi Gothic Thunderbird
Squier P-Bass w/new pups
Ibanez RG7321
Washburn Acoustic Guitar
SWR LA 12

POD X3 Live $300/500.
Quote by MustangMan311
My Backline 410 has been awesome to me, so far.

What head do you play through?
Epi Gothic Thunderbird
Squier P-Bass w/new pups
Ibanez RG7321
Washburn Acoustic Guitar
SWR LA 12

POD X3 Live $300/500.
Quote by AfroMan Skeeter
Anything to back that up?
I mean I had a GK 1001 RB-II Head and I don't miss it at all. I got better tones out of a Behringer 4500 Head with a POS cab.

Everyone has a different preference for their "perfect tone," I'm asking for opinions with reasons on these cabs, not just "Low end GK stuff is crap."

I was just never inpressed tonally. It was OK, but there are better cabs out there IMO.
You have goldlines that bummed out and now you want to buy backlines? Something doesn't compute. They're the same line (the goldlines have different speaker material) with the same quality. Chances are the backlines will crap out too.
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
You have goldlines that bummed out and now you want to buy backlines? Something doesn't compute. They're the same line (the goldlines have different speaker material) with the same quality. Chances are the backlines will crap out too.

I had goldines, they were decent. It was the head that bothered me more than the cabs.

Like I said, I only have 275 and need cabs now. I am going to save up and get something better in the future.
Epi Gothic Thunderbird
Squier P-Bass w/new pups
Ibanez RG7321
Washburn Acoustic Guitar
SWR LA 12

POD X3 Live $300/500.
But you said in your initial post they called it quits. To me that sounds like they crapped out. Okay, so let me try and get this, you don't like your head and your cabs are pooped. Thus, you want to know if buying a GK Backline 210 is a good idea, right? No. The Backline will not be loud enough. Why don't you buy a 210 from Avatar or some other bang for buck company along those lines, and just use the RB1001, as much as you dislike it.
wtf does ftw and ftl mean please
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
My GK410 sounds great, but the factory casters are falling apart. other than that, it;s a solid cab with great tone. I'm picking up another one soon to make mine a full stack
Traben Array
2x Tech21 Sansamp RBI Bass preamps
450w Power Amp
2x Gallien-Krueger 410
-
Handmade nylon-string classical guitar
-
Jackson DXMG Dinky
Line 6 Spider 2 250w combo
-
Various Lee Oskar and Honer harmonicas
-
Yamaha YPT-310
Quote by lordofthefood1
For the win
For the loss

ahh, the closest i got was for the world and for the losers
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by MustangMan311
Woah, crap! You heard people say things about them?! They must be true!

As in, they have an incredibly good reputation, but are damn near impossible to try as they only deal directly, hence the low price.

I have never heard a bad thing about an avatar cab.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
But you said in your initial post they called it quits. To me that sounds like they crapped out. Okay, so let me try and get this, you don't like your head and your cabs are pooped. Thus, you want to know if buying a GK Backline 210 is a good idea, right? No. The Backline will not be loud enough. Why don't you buy a 210 from Avatar or some other bang for buck company along those lines, and just use the RB1001, as much as you dislike it.

I guess I didn't clarify good enough, I recently came back to ultimate-guitar, and haven't changed my Sig. yet.
I sold my GK head and old cabs and everything but my basses.

I had two other cabs that crapped out on me, so if I had my Goldline I wouldn't be here asking for advice.

I also stated I was using a Peavey Tour VB-2 Head in the original post.

I didn't get a 2x10 combo, I played through one.
I wanted a 4x10 and 1x15 that I saw for sale, for the amount of money I had on hand.

Avatar would be good, but for a 8x10 I would be paying wayyyy over $275.
Epi Gothic Thunderbird
Squier P-Bass w/new pups
Ibanez RG7321
Washburn Acoustic Guitar
SWR LA 12

POD X3 Live $300/500.