We all know that guitars rule, but who thought of it?

Feel free to put opinions or facts about the guitar and how it was found.
They evolved from lutes and ouds, which have been around for a very long time. And the name is derived from 'sitar'.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
i believe jesus found it back in bible times, and thus, the guitar was invented
and that's a fact.
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
"The earliest extant six string guitar was built in 1779 by Gaetano Vinaccia (1759 - after 1831) in Naples, Italy. The Vinaccia family of luthiers is known for developing the mandolin. This guitar has been examined and does not show tell-tale signs of modifications from a double-course guitar.

Modern dimensions of the classical instrument were established by Antonio Torres Jurado (1817-1892), working in Seville in the 1850's. Torres and Louise Panormo of London (active 1820s-1840s) were both responsible for demonstrating the superiority of fan strutting over transverse table bracing.

The electric guitar was patented by George Beauchamp in 1936. Beauchamp co-founded Rickenbacher which used the horseshoe-magnet pickup. However, it was Danelectro that first produced electric guitars for the wider public. Danelectro also pioneered tube amp technology"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guitar

But according to this site http://home.earthlink.net/~guitarandlute/gtrhstry.html "The guitar's roots are in Spain. Realistically, it cannot be traced back further than the 15th Century. It is thought to have been invented by the people of Malaga. This early instrument was a "four course" guitar, from which the ukulele is derived. The first guitars were very small, and were originally strung with four pair of strings."
Guitars:
Epiphone Elitist Les Paul Custom WCR and Dimarzio equipped
Amp:
Marshall 2266 Vintage Modern
Marshall 1960TV
Effects:
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
I believe it's of African origin. Native Africans used to make them out of hollowed out gords and whatever for the strings.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
africa
Quote by AtThisVelocity
Metal_Hed_23, will you marry me?

Quote by drewfromutah
If she takes her pill properly and you still pill out or use a condom, just quit having sex altogether. The damn pill was built so that you can ride bareback and film your own creampie movies afterwards.
I thought everyone knew this? Geez.

Clearly, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Paul Gilbert, and Jesus were all sitting at a table one day, bored as hell. So they started whittling random sh!t. Eventually they happened to make the exact shape of an acoustic guitar, and decided to slap some strings on it and pluck at it. And thus the guitar was born.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by mafropetee

Clearly, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Paul Gilbert, and Jesus were all sitting at a table one day, bored as hell. So they started whittling random sh!t. Eventually they happened to make the exact shape of an acoustic guitar, and decided to slap some strings on it and pluck at it. And thus the guitar was born.

And Yngwie brought the donuts.
Quote by mafropetee

And here's where I knew it was fiction
the lizard people from uranus brought it here. they should me their wood i've seen it, i've held it, its the hardest wood in the universe. it sounds amazing too.
Quote by Spartan070sarge
I believe it's of African origin. Native Africans used to make them out of hollowed out gords and whatever for the strings.

no. that's how banjo's came about.
I'm a Mormon.

Gear:
Schecter C-1+
Kustom Tube 12-A
Digitech Hardwire Tube Overdrive
Quote by kitty_teh_fish
the lizard people from uranus brought it here. they should me their wood i've seen it, i've held it, its the hardest wood in the universe. it sounds amazing too.

You said that when you held my wood...I thought you were different!!!

*runs away crying*
Quote by InvaderTSN

Actually it was cheesecakes.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by InvaderTSN

where did this donut thing come into order? I tried YouTubing it but I've never even seen Yngwie mention anything about donuts.
As already said, the came from lutes and ouds.
The oud probably came from Turkey or the middle east.
The lute probably from England or Spain.

But I'm just speculating.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

I heard that some inventor made a hollow wooden body, then added a hole to make it into a crude sex toy. He then threw it away because he was tired of getting splinters from it. Then, a traveller found it, added some strings, and thus the guitar was born.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Spain
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.