My mesa f-30 has a headphone/line out and I'm looking to exploit this ability.

I want a pair of decent headphones hopefully 100 USD or less, though I'm willing to go higher if it's really worth it.

I would also like these headphones to have the ability to turn themselves down since my amp causes my ****ty headphones I have now to be very loud, let alone what a decent pair would do. I would turn the amp down, but I found it sounds its best at half way cranked. I guess if there were no headphones with this feature I would probably just have to plug them into my attenuator losing the nice stereo output of the line out.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
No one knows of some good headphones?
I still need a good pair of headphones.
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-V6-Monitor-Headphones-Voice/dp/B00001WRSJ/ref=pd_bbs_sr_4?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1211926018&sr=8-4

Sony MDR-V6. Pretty much studio standard (They actually tend to use the 7506s which are gold-plated, but not needed). I have these and they're great. I use them for everything, from my iPod, to electronic music creation, and on my amp. I did a lot of research before I bought them and they get stellar reviews.
Is there any sort of inline volume attenuation device I could utilize with these phones?
There is no inline on the headphones themselves, no. For me this is a good thing, because inline volume knobs always seem to get crackly and stop working, or you bump them when you don't want to.

Hmm, maybe there is something you could plug into first, I'm not sure.
Last edited by TheProducer at May 27, 2008,
^That's what I'm thinking. The sweet spot on my amp is so loud that using headphones would cause hearing damage for sure. I'm sure more sensitive phones will only compound the problem.
Thanks, all I've found so far has had 1/8 jacks
I searched Amazon for "Volume control" They have a bunch, but all for smaller jacks. However, the headphones I suggested are the smaller jack by default (Don't worry, the 1/4" adapter is included, and screws on so you can't even tell the difference). So all you would need would be another 1/4" adapter to plug into the amp...
Thanks, I just ordered a volume thingy from koss, once I get paid I'm probably gonna get those phones.
Sounds good. Yeah, I like this set of phones and like I said, they're highly recommended and have been around for decades. The only complaint I've read is that the foam padding can wear out and come off, but it's like $10 for a new set. I've seen no sign of this on my pair at all. They're comfy, adjustable, and sound great. I suppose my only "complaint" is that I would kind of prefer if they had a straight cord, not a curled one. But it's not that big of a deal. I would recommend an extension wire as well. The included cord is pretty long, but if you'd like to play standing up, it might be kind of short.
Cool, cool. None of those things should bother me much. Probably won't use the phones a whole lot as the v30 in my mesa sounds sweet as pie. I just need something for night/parents in the house practicing.