Page 1 of 2
How come JFAC's new album hasn't been embraced as wonderful and is disliked? I think it's way better than their old deathcore stuff, but most JFAC fans i've talked to like doom better. What are your views on their new album?
Quote by McMetal
How come JFAC's new album hasn't been embraced as wonderful and is disliked? I think it's way better than their old deathcore stuff, but most JFAC fans i've talked to like doom better. What are your views on their new album?

Because they are a generic Deathcore band that, for some odd reason, are being embraced by emo kids.
DETHKLOK IS TEH ROXORZ!!!
YARRR!

Though this is technically allowed here, it's a versus thread.

Both suck balls, to be honest.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
emo kids i know like doom but hate gen. i personally like gen better

Left hand man of the fargoth fanclub! PM lamafunguy to join.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
lets watch this thread die like i should have on page 1
Quote by destroy_techno
Because it's a generic and boring cd

Doom was more interesting, and I didn't like Doom

If you would've liked Doom, I would've smashed you with a chair named Crayola.

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by McMetal

because instead of being a third rate deathcore band they turned into a third rate cannibal corpse clone?
Vikings? What Vikings? We are but poor, simple farmers. The village was burning when we got here, and the people must have slain themselves.
Quote by McMetal

You definitely suck and need to have your ears removed and your sense of hearing destroyed. Blowjob From A Cowboy are filthy auditory failure.
The Kovenant of Terror, Marshal of the Legion of Metal.

Quote by GID (Shamrock)
Br00tal, Terror Kovenant=metal's king

Quote by McMetal

*starts rubbing temple out of frustation*

Just.....leave.....now......
Quote by destroy_techno
How dare you compare this bland piece of garbage to the mighty CC? You should be spanked to death with a piece of wood

*hands chair named Crayola*

use it well.

Quote by eggsandham2
Quote by McMetal

*starts rubbing temple out of frustation*

Just.....leave.....now...... >_<*
Quote by destroy_techno
How dare you compare this bland piece of garbage to the mighty CC? You should be spanked to death with a piece of wood

what part of third rate clone did you not get out of that?
theyre a **** stain of a band that fails at death metal and has a crappy name as well
i say you hold onto that wood
Vikings? What Vikings? We are but poor, simple farmers. The village was burning when we got here, and the people must have slain themselves.
Quote by COBHC6
what part of third rate clone did you not get out of that?
theyre a **** stain of a band that fails at death metal and has a crappy name as well
i say you hold onto that wood

*runs far, far away*

Quote by eggsandham2
they went from unoriginal and **** deathcore to unoriginal and **** deathcore. They're **** and any thread about them is doomed to failure, similar to the band themselves. *reported*
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Quote by destroy_techno
But they don't sound anything alike >_>

i think that genesis sounds like theyre trying to be CC and failing, im not saying they sound the same, i never said that
this is stupid anyways
cant we just agree that JFAC sucks ass and stop posting in this thread?
What's this talk of "emos"? Unless you mean "scene kids". Most scenesters prefer Doom because of the breakdowns and groove, anf catchiness. Genesis on the other hand is much more technical and not so breakdown oriented. They went from a Deathcore band to a Death metal band.

So none of the scenesters like them anymore because they don't bring the mosh, and non of the metal heads like them because of Doom, and their own narrowmindedness. And Genesis wasn't exactly a masterpiece, however it was in no as bad as most people who have never even listened to it think it is.
Quote by technicolour
What's this talk of "emos"? Unless you mean "scene kids". Most scenesters prefer Doom because of the breakdowns and groove, anf catchiness. Genesis on the other hand is much more technical and not so breakdown oriented. They went from a Deathcore band to a Death metal band.

So none of the scenesters like them anymore because they don't bring the mosh, and non of the metal heads like them because of Doom, and their own narrowmindedness. And Genesis wasn't exactly a masterpiece, however it was in no as bad as most people who have never even listened to it think it is.

The fact that you generalized all metalheads as tunnel-visioned makes me want to simmer you.

Quote by eggsandham2
i think we scared McMetal away from the metal forum for good.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Quote by Slaytanic1993

Both suck balls, to be honest.

+1, not to mention when I saw them with Megadeth they were awful.
Quote by IronMaiden5

Well when I saw them with Behemoth they were awesome. Every band has bad nights.
the reason that metalheads disregard doom is that it is a generic death metal album with no redeeming qualities. It is only an original direction for scene kids who have never heard true death metal before. It is horribly generic and has no edge on any of the thousands of far superior death metal albums.

They were quite good when I saw them at Gigantour.

Also, listening with no prejudices in my head, I do enjoy their music.
Quote by McMetal

Why? Because its boring to the max, and no originality in it at all. The JFAC fans will think its brutal as ****, but they havent listened to old 90s death metal, obviously.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
I saw Rimjob for a Cowboy at Gigantour.

Worst part of the whole concert. High on Fire definitely should have had their place. Everything they played sounded the same. It was like their whole set was one big long horribly written deathcore plea for acceptance.
Quote by Delanoir

Worst part of the whole concert. High on Fire definitely should have had their place. Everything they played sounded the same. It was like their whole set was one big long horribly written deathcore plea for acceptance.

Did I ever tell you how much I liked you?
I whole-heartily agree
Blowjob From A Cowboy = a dingleberry on the ass of life.
The Kovenant of Terror, Marshal of the Legion of Metal.

Quote by GID (Shamrock)
Br00tal, Terror Kovenant=metal's king

I think we can all agree that JFAC sucks no matter what direction they go in The only pig squeals I want to hear are the ones I make when eating pork chops
Quote by Delanoir

So, completely different from every other death metal band live aye....

Look, I like JFAC. I saw them live, they put on a great show and the drummer was a great guy when I met him. I prefer Genesis to Doom because on Doom it's 2 riffs and 40 breakdowns for half an hour where as on Genesis they actually write some music. Music that I can actually tell apart.

That's my view.
Also yeah, this thread doesn't belong here.
Quote by Shamwich
They were quite good when I saw them at Gigantour.

Also, listening with no prejudices in my head, I do enjoy their music.

I thought they sucked back when I was starting to get into Death Metal, and I still think they suck. Compared to bands like Nile, Decapitated, Arsis, Necrophagist, and many pf the other original Death Metal bands we have these days, they are extremely unoriginal and crappy.
Quote by slayerific
I think we can all agree that JFAC sucks no matter what direction they go in The only pig squeals I want to hear are the ones I make when eating pork chops

Dang you and your delicious pork chops!

OH NOES!!!! DOUBLE POST!!!!
Quote by Magero
So, completely different from every other death metal band live aye....

Look, I like JFAC. I saw them live, they put on a great show and the drummer was a great guy when I met him. I prefer Genesis to Doom because on Doom it's 2 riffs and 40 breakdowns for half an hour where as on Genesis they actually write some music. Music that I can actually tell apart.

That's my view.
Also yeah, this thread doesn't belong here.

Finally someone who is respected in here likes JFAC.

JFAC are a great band.. and as if this song isnt amazing http://youtube.com/watch?v=f9v67vtNQDk&feature=related

yeah Genesis>Doom.

EDIT: and all you people saying they aren't original. Who are you comparing this band to?

Don't say CC and jump on the bandwagon/
Last edited by punk_metal at May 27, 2008,
I lol'd.

Most JFAC fans don't like Genesis as much as Doom, fyi. It isn't as core, and it drove away the breakdown kids.

Genesis is boring as hell. Doom is brilliant. Doom is where they started, and should be where they finish. Being a leader of deathcore, and then changing genre before their first full length may not be a wise decision, financially.
They got signed to Metal-Blade with the first "album" dude....
They lost a bunch of scene kid fans who desert a band as soon as they stop playing breakdowns and lose the fringe but they gained a fair few metal head fans who appreciate the style.
By "first release", change it to album, and you'll get what I mean.

I still think it's stupid, and not a smart move. And to me, Genesis sounds like the same song. While I listen to Doom, I'm like, "hey, new song". While I listen to Genesis, I think "hey, that was a long song. Oh, wait...".

I understand not all of you guys think the same, fair enough. But I was listening to them as they were leading the genre of deathcore, and then they because a bland and generic death metal band.
The entire Doom EP is just like 2 riffs, thrown together randomly. Half the songs feel like 2 or 3 songs in one because the riffs don't work together.
And then theres just so many breakdowns....
Not really, compare them to Parkway Drive and August Burns Red, and you don't really notice them. And since when do you care about breakdowns being too prominent?

MY POINT: Personally, I think that Job For A Cowboy ditching the genre they made popular to become a generic death metal band was not a good decision, as they will lose money, as their core fans don't like them too much any more.

Metal fans start to not like bands when they go core - same with core kids.
Page 1 of 2