first of all i must say, about 99% of the time, i am completely satisfied with my rig. after all, its just what i need, a strat (along with some other guitars that never get played) into a big clean american voiced amp. however, sometimes i just want to sell it all and buy a new rig.
i talk my self out of it, just cuz i dont want to end up regretting it. well, i need some opinions on this, do you think that would be wise? also, has anyone else wanted to do this?
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
What do you want for the Bassman? No, I never wanted to do that.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Do you like your tone? If so then why even think of regretting it? I hear people talk **** about ma traynor, but I like the tone and that's all that counts.
When you say "EPI LES PAUL STANDARD (anyone want it?)"...does that mean it's free? Because I'll take it.
Quote by sum_ugly_man
Do you like your tone? If so then why even think of regretting it? I hear people talk **** about ma traynor, but I like the tone and that's all that counts.

i really do like my tone, however i am aware that its not the tone thats in my head. its not terribly far off though.

also, the bassman is in horrible shape so it almost wouldnt be worth selling, tbh.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by CT32
When you say "EPI LES PAUL STANDARD (anyone want it?)"...does that mean it's free? Because I'll take it.

haha, i figured someone would say that sometime. yeah i will give to you for free, if you throw in a few hundred bucks. haha
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Try some different tubes or a speaker swap. If that don,t get it pickups on your strat there are a bunch of ways to change your tone without selling everything.But I got rid of all my fender amps and bought a rivera.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
If it's close then I would suggest continued tweaking. Do you have a eq in front of that HRD, because when I had one I found that it made a world of difference.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
ive thought about getting an EQ, but i wonder maybe theres some stuf out there thats perfect for me, without adding anything
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Get an MXR Ten band from GC and if you still can't get your tone, return the eq and then sell your stuff. The tone stack on the HRD sucks, you'll realize this once you plug in that 10 band and you're actually cutting and boosting the freqs you want.
yeah i agree the tone stack is almost pointless on the amp. i will look into that. thats just not as exciting as seling my equiptment haha. especially when you consider the amount of money i could get.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
True, but don't you think you'll feel the same way about your new stuff eventually?
yes, probably. its never ending isnt it? i dont even know which amp i wold want. probably a two rock. i could probably get a two rock for the price of my gibby.
haha, im crazy.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
haha, i figured someone would say that sometime. yeah i will give to you for free, if you throw in a few hundred bucks. haha

I almost got excited there for a second.

What if you strip out the electronics and whack it against the amp? I'll take a fixerupper for free...
I've wanted to do it plenty of times. I'm still thinking about letting everything go but my EC Strat and a few pedals.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by CT32
I almost got excited there for a second.

What if you strip out the electronics and whack it against the amp? I'll take a fixerupper for free...

haha, ill think about it. lmao.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by soul_power
I've wanted to do it plenty of times. I'm still thinking about letting everything go but my EC Strat and a few pedals.

im glad someone else has the same feelings as me from time to time.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.