I'm training myself to get perfect(ish) pitch by ear at least to a point where I can recognize any interval, if I get really good at this on piano how applicable will it be to guitar.
completely applicable. same pitches. it's universal.
Quote by A Rolling Stone
My first date was nowhere near as bad as your grammar
My friend, who has actually got perfect pitch for the piano, is useless at it, when another instrument is used instead.
Quote by Xn00bX
My friend, who has actually got perfect pitch for the piano, is useless at it, when another instrument is used instead.
Then he doesn't have perfect pitch. Perfrect pitch means that, without a reference tone, I can play an A and you can tell me that it not G#, not Bb, but A.

If you can recognize intervals on a piano, you can do it on the guitar. This will help you transcribe music and figure out those riffs you hear in your head.
thanks BGC, I'll take your word for it for now until someone else smarter tells me otherwise, may take a while you seem pretty knowledgeable.
Quote by bangoodcharlote
Then he doesn't have perfect pitch. Perfrect pitch means that, without a reference tone, I can play an A and you can tell me that it not G#, not Bb, but A.

If you can recognize intervals on a piano, you can do it on the guitar. This will help you transcribe music and figure out those riffs you hear in your head.

thing is, he can do all that on the piano, you play any note, and he gets it. It's just weird how he can't for any other instrument
Try working out a vocal melody, that is something that helped me massively. Even if it's only a really tacky pop song (i did Human League's - Don't You Want Me Baby), it helps.