I've recently discovered GFS pups and i've been wondering, are they too good to be true? can you really get quality pickups for that price, or do you ultimately get what you pay for?
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
Yes, they are easily a step up from most import pickups.
Not necessarily mind blowingly good, but they do the job good enough.

I want a set of their lipstick tube pickups to see what they would sound like
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
better than stock pups from say...epiphone (which i hear aren't very good)
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
Quote by hell_monkey
better than stock pups from say...epiphone (which i hear aren't very good)

Yeah, I dig Epiphone guitars, but their stock electronics are well worth the replacement.
Yeah.
GFS should beat out epi stock pickups.
But, i hear GFS has better single coils than humbuckers. But, they should still be better than the epis.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I've heard a lot of good stuff about their Mean 90s. Anyone willing to back that up? any personal experiences with them?
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Quote by Wulver
I've heard a lot of good stuff about their Mean 90s. Anyone willing to back that up? any personal experiences with them?

no, i have none, but on another topic. wanna show me whats up with your 1x12 cabinet? im about to build one. send me a PM or something.

kay, done stealing thread. I have a preview of their Power-rails if you are interested.
I have the Fat Paf and Power rails in my G400. I have no complaints whatsoever and these pickups are really nice imho. Which ones are you looking at? And they are definitely way better than epi stock pu's which are kinda bad imo.
Try HERE

I've been there before, I was just hoping someone here might've had experience with them.

no, i have none, but on another topic. wanna show me whats up with your 1x12 cabinet? im about to build one. send me a PM or something.

You'd have to ask my dad: he built it, and it's really his anyway. I don't know the specifics, but I DO know it's actually a bass speaker (he's a bassist). Thus, I'm able to run a bass through my Valve Jr. without any damage. Kinda cool, actually.

Which ones are you looking at? And they are definitely way better than epi stock pu's which are kinda bad imo.

http://store.guitarfetish.com/me90glbltral.html <---those right there. I'm leaning towards them in both pickup slots, though I'm still not sure yet.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Quote by RSX
GFS singles better than a MIM Strat or Tele?

now thats what i want to know?

please?
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by RSX
GFS singles better than a MIM Strat or Tele?

Yes. At least GFS use alnico magnets. MIM strats and tele's use ceramic which sounds thin and lifeless. GFS single coils are much better.

On the other hand, GFS humbuckers are not really an upgraid from anything. Not even better than most stock pickups. The advantage of GFS humbuckers is that you can get something different than you already have. If you have high output ceramic pickups but want low output alnico you can get low output alnico or you can replace your low output pickups with high output. If you have low output alnico pickups and you replace them with low output alnico GFS pickups they are not going to sound much different.
Not taking any online orders.
the GFS overstocks sound horrible by the way. thats the only ones i've actually heard in action. it sucks.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
the GFS overstocks sound horrible by the way. thats the only ones i've actually heard in action. it sucks.

+1

I got a set of those for my cheaper ibanez and they were the high gain hex ones. While they did do high gain they sounded a bit weird lol, tho they were kinda cool. And stock epi pu's beat 'em.
Quote by chea_man
now thats what i want to know?

please?

Yeah, they're better than stock MIM pickups.
As long as you get the actual GFS ones, not the overstocks.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
i have a pair of the lil' puncher in my tele squier and they've been great. alot of mid range detail, interesting sound, alot of depth. maybe not as natural sounding as the tele standard but very good, they make for a good distinctive tone. i'd go for it. though if u think you need to splash out a bit more, have a look at swineshead pickups.

i've never tried the humbuckers though...so they wouldnt be a step up from prs se customs stock ?
Those Neovin pickups look kind of cool.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by Def
i have a pair of the lil' puncher in my tele squier and they've been great. alot of mid range detail, interesting sound, alot of depth. maybe not as natural sounding as the tele standard but very good, they make for a good distinctive tone. i'd go for it. though if u think you need to splash out a bit more, have a look at swineshead pickups.

i've never tried the humbuckers though...so they wouldnt be a step up from prs se customs stock ?
I put the lil punchers in my Squier Tele also. It's a big improvement. However, it changes the tone quite a bit as they are humbuckers.
check out irongear pickups.

i replaced my stock epi LP standard puips with some rolling mill. £25 each including delivery... you can check em out at axetec.xo.uk

they have really opened up my LP and really bite when you dig in with the pick. sound oh so fresh compared to the stock ones.
Thank you please.
has anyone had any experience with the gfs prewired pickguards? I heard good things about them but it doesnt specify what size pots they are wired with. Does anyone know if they are 250K or 500K? Has anyone bought these and if so whats the word with them? Any good?