Hello,

I am going to get rid of my JCM900 half stack in favor of a smaller and more portable combo amp. I have narrowed it down to these two options: The Fender Blues DeVille 410 reissue and Vox AC30cc2.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Blues-DeVille-410-Reissue-Guitar-Amp?sku=483719

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-AC30CC2-30W-2x12-Custom-Classic-Combo?sku=482620

I have played the Vox and love it, but I haven't played the Blues DeVille. I have played the Blues Deluxe and Hot Rod DeVille and was not impressed by either. What is the cause for the price increase of the Blues DeVille? Is it any "better" than its brothers?

P.S. I play classic rock and have jam sessions playing stuff like Zeppelin and Cream. I play in a band that plays mostly rock and punk, and I am also in a Blues trio. So keep that in mind.
High as tits
Why the hell would you get rid of a JCM900??? If you must buy a different amp at least keep the half stack and save up for one of the others. I can guarantee that if the need to gig ever arises you'll wish that you still had the halfstack rather than a smaller tube amp.
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
Last edited by kyle100 at May 26, 2008,
go for the vox, its more british sounding (zep and cream) than a fender is

you can dial in a blues setting, but on the fenders i've played, that british crunch is a little hard to come by
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Martin DC-16RE Premium

Fender Snakeskin Champ 12
You weren't a little impressed by the Hot Rod of Blues Deluxe? Ouch.

Anyway, the Vox is better for what you play. Hands down.
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Quote by kyle100
Why the hell would you get rid of a JCM900??? If you must buy a different amp at least keep the half stack and save up for one of the others. I can guarantee that if the need to gig ever arises you'll wish that you still had the halfstack rather than a smaller tube amp.

Once again, because I need something smaller and more portable. I do gig, and I don't take it off of the 50watt selector. I am not playing in Wembley Stadium.

Quote by Mountaindew91
have you considered the Bassman Reissue?

Yes in fact I have and I played it and dismissed it as not for me .

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
You weren't a little impressed by the Hot Rod of Blues Deluxe? Ouch.

Anyway, the Vox is better for what you play. Hands down.

Haha I liked the cleans but the OD wasn't what I was looking for .

The reason I am considering the Blues is because there is a guy selling an early 90's 2x12 model for $450 on Craigslist.
High as tits
Haha I liked the cleans but the OD wasn't what I was looking for .

The reason I am considering the Blues is because there is a guy selling an early 90's 2x12 model for $450 on Craigslist.

That's one of the main reasons why I got my traynor instead of the Hot Rod Deville man. If you are in North American maybe check them out?
I have heard great things about Traynor, but I am in Southern California at the moment and I haven't been able to find a GC or other guitar store that can order one in without me having to purchase it.
High as tits
Quote by kyle100

Do not listen to this man. You can gig ANY day with a good combo. halfstacks only mean sound dispersion and tone is a bit different.

Vox PLEASE VOX!
I am quite aware of an amps wattage requirements for gigs, but thank you . I will probably get the Vox unless someone here has played/owned a Blues DeVille?
High as tits
Well, this is probobly a bit belated to post, but just in case you havn't purchased an amp yet...
I owed a blues deville fr several years and if you didnt like the hot rod you wont like it. Its the same amp without the "hot rod" channel. For clapton it'll be a bit too bass ridden I think. Its got plenty of power- loud as hell- but it wont break up as nicley as a top boost AC-30. I dont think Id worry too much about the smaller amp and gigging- just mic it if you need too. I wouldnt reccomend a fender if your going for that brit sound. Stick with vox, maybe check out a hi-watt.
the deville has good cleans and that's all i can say about it. what don't you like about the vox's OD?
I honestly can't stand vox ac30s. Way too trebly for me, I love Fender Tube combos, and if you're wondering if it'll be loud enough it'll be plenty loud for pretty much anything you need it for. I say Fender.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
Quote by Suicidal_Brick
Got a Fender Supersonic, but thanks!

Congrats

Everyone else, read, this thread is over.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not