I personally think Guitar Hero almost ruins good music. I can't even listen to Sweet Child O' Mine anymore because people always played it and messed it up. Now when kids hear a good song over the radio: Free Bird, Sweet Child O' Mine, Welcome to the Jungle, One, Wanted Dead or Alive, etc., they say "that song's awesome! it's on Guitar Hero!" and the only thing that's going through my mind is that that song was out way before Guitar Hero was even conceived. So now kids think they know good songs and bands when they only know a few good songs by a few good bands and couldn't tell you another song done by Lynyrd Skynyrd.
i agree with you but......

the point of this thread is ..........?
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
This thread has been done a thousand times...
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Whenever I see someone playin guitar hero, I tell em to pick up a real guitar. They'll find it a lot harder.
so, who cares?
There's always been kids who have listened to one song and decided they have a new favourite band, it really isn't a big deal. And it really isn't that hard to avoid watching people play guitar hero, why have you heard so many people screw up sweet child o mine, and why does it bother you so much when it's with a plastic controller? Noob guitarists have been crapping on that song since it came out, i don't get the big deal. I think it's a way for younger kids to get into good music and the guitar, i don't get everyones problem. Sure there are arrogant dicks about it who think they're god, but there always have been. Get over it, guitar shouldn't be about showing off, let alone boasting to people who havent even picked one up.
Quote by Mr. La Fritz

Squirrels are fluffy bits of gay.

Quote by LordPino
My penis is so big it has its own hands.
Last edited by dark_gilbert at May 26, 2008,
It's a game. People are going to be idiots, anyway. Get used to it.

Quote by TXtech_iceman
just to bash on Guitar Hero

Well, that makes this spam, then.

*reported*
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
someone was playing guitar hero after a houston astros game last friday on the big screen and he did so bad that the song ended half way. Everyone was booing him
Quote by TXtech_iceman
just to bash on Guitar Hero

I find this whole anti GH crap more annoying than the kids who think they're badass because they play the game. I mean yeah you may have listened to those bands before GH came out. that makes you so much cooler than the kids who found the music via the game. Music should be available to be enjoyed by all and if GH is a means of doing so then so be it. Its the elitist pricks who think they're so much better than other people because they have been listening to "insert band" since they first started that annoy me.
/rant
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Or you could look at it in an optimistic way: Guitar Hero is turning kids onto things they wouldn't have heard otherwise and making them appreciate it. GH covers a wide spectrum of music and can help open minds I think.

Either way, it's a ****ing video game and I'm sick of hearing arguments about it. If you like it, play it. If you don't, then don't. It's like the idiots who try to get stuff off the radio and TV instead of just choosing to not listen to it or watch it.

I think at this point, everything that can be said in this thread has been said.
Hey, I'm Mike.
Personally, Guitar Hero has been both good and bad. It introduced me to the concept of Ziggy Stardust, Crossroads, Spanish Castle Magic, Killer Queen, Free Bird, War Pigs, and the existence of Rush.

However, I'm not very good at it, and I couldn't beat Won't Get Fooled Again on drums (rock band i know but the same thing really) or Highway Star so I really disliked those songs. Wasn't until I actually started listening to Deep Purple and the Who that those 2 songs become some of very favorites.