So pit, today my grandmother came over, and gave me an 100-year old mandolin that belonged to her aunt. It sounds great, best mandolin I've ever heard, even with (I'm guessing) 10+/- year old strings (there was an empty string wrapper in the case that didn't look all that old). Needless to say, I came after playing it.

In order to make this actually relevant to you guys, have any of you gotten old gear from aunts, uncles, grandparents, etc?

I've gotten the mandolin, and my Washburn from my uncle.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
I wish my grandma would give me an ancient mandolin.

Sadly, since I'm not an acoustic fanboy, the family views my cousin Jake as the only actual musician.
In my family we have this type of gift thing on X-mas where someone gets this ancient present. I was chosen for this last year so I ended up inheriting my dad's original Ampeg Dan Armstrong guitar. It needed some love at the time... damn warped necks. Electronics are still kinda odd on it.. but whatever.

It sounds great, but I'm modding the hell out of it. Currently turning it into a 7 string. I have a lot of other plans for it, but that's a long story.
I'm not an acoustic fan boy, I made my screen name when I was a) into pop-punk, and b) didn't own an electric guitar.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
Quote by theacousticpunk
I'm not an acoustic fan boy, I made my screen name when I was a) into pop-punk, and b) didn't own an electric guitar.

Osht, didn't even notice that. I meant to say that my cousin writes soft acoustic stuff (and probably a lot of panty-droppers). I didn't even notice your username /