what is everyones plans for this summer?

im going to try and get a job, and save up the money to buy a new car and guitar. i get my license in 1 month.
right now im looking for a job. i have to make enough money this summer to last me through the next school year. im getting a house with some friends and i have to buy all my food for the next year. as well as beer, smokes, shampoo, soap, etc etc.

its going to be a long summer....
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
right now im looking for a job. i have to make enough money this summer to last me through the next school year. im getting a house with some friends and i have to buy all my food for the next year. as well as beer, smokes, shampoo, soap, etc etc.

its going to be a long summer....

ouch thats gonna be hard. good luck.
I plan on working and saving, and then doing a small tour with my band.
Quote by DiMeTiMe
+3.141592

Quote by imgooley
It was such a good suggestion you gave him pi?

yeah, he gave me pi.
I've been commissioned to compose a few pieces for a cello quartet, but the timing is pretty bad, so I dunno. And I gotta recruit musicians to record my compositions.

I'm also visiting China for about a month.

And finally, to prepare for Berklee in the fall. I'm going to be learning more theory and practice more jazz and trying to find an apartment and roommate and getting all the financial crap down. Ugh, I'm dreading it.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at May 27, 2008,
Right now I'm finishing my last undergrad course ever and if I pass I'll be done with school in July. After that, I'm moving home where I'll start the necessary volunteer work for the Peace Corps and train in Krav Maga as well (for fun). Then, I'll hopefully get an invite from a host country and off I go.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Quote by Flying Couch
Start a band, get a car, get a girlfriend.

oh i'm right there with man except for the girl friend
Quote by terrencemaddox
Right now I'm finishing my last undergrad course ever and if I pass I'll be done with school in July. After that, I'm moving home where I'll start the necessary volunteer work for the Peace Corps and train in Krav Maga as well (for fun). Then, I'll hopefully get an invite from a host country and off I go.

Nice dude. You didn't tell me about the peace corps thing, but that's really cool. Do you know if they subsidize your college debt? I'm planning on joining a similar organization after college called Americorps. They're supposed to do that.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I'm going to buy a car, tour with my band, buy a ton of drugs and bum around with my girlfriend all summer. Later this fall we might take a trip to Australia.
Quote by Flying Couch
Start a band, get a car, get a girlfriend.

let me add to your list but i already have a car
get a job, party, buy new equipment, save up leftover money for when i transfer from community college to sfstate
Dick+strings= owww
work. and that's pretty much it.
gotta save for school next year.
blah.
Quote by Smokey Amp
You're = You Are (Dialectal abbreviation)
Your = Your (Possessive)

Learn the difference, biatch.

yes! i hate when people get that wrong.
Practice, shows, work.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
write show for my high school and middle school. Quit my summer job in about a month and a half to go back to teaching my percussion ensemble in the fall. fun fun
Quote by Xiaoxi
Nice dude. You didn't tell me about the peace corps thing, but that's really cool. Do you know if they subsidize your college debt? I'm planning on joining a similar organization after college called Americorps. They're supposed to do that.

Yeah, it's one of the many benefits of serving. Americorps seems like a great organization too. I honestly don't know much about it, but from what I've heard it seems like it's very similar, other than locale. That's awesome that you plan on doing that.

And you're going to China this summer? I'm jealous.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

Get a job, get my license, and save enough money to move out by the end of summer.
Quote by terrencemaddox
Yeah, it's one of the many benefits of serving. Americorps seems like a great organization too. I honestly don't know much about it, but from what I've heard it seems like it's very similar, other than locale. That's awesome that you plan on doing that.

And you're going to China this summer? I'm jealous.

Yea, it sounds pretty rewarding.

I'm just going back for a month to visit my family. I'm not doing any tourist travel kind of thing. I'm just going to chill at my dad's house. And I'm still going to be buried in music work. Oh well lol.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by aaron6890
1. learn to sing
2. learn to scream
3. learn piano (better)
4. write some more songs
5. do some recording
6. go to sacramento
7. get a job
8. get a girlfriend
9. get a six pack
10. build some pedals
11. refinish guitars/bass
12. ?????
13. PROFIT!

yeah.... im gonna need more than 3 months....
This is my list, but better.
Quote by Xiaoxi

I'm just going back for a month to visit my family. I'm not doing any tourist travel kind of thing. I'm just going to chill at my dad's house. And I'm still going to be buried in music work. Oh well lol.

Ah yeah, I know you have your plate full with that. That's good that you get to see family though (although I fear the time of year when I have to go and visit mine).
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I get out the 11th and on the 13th I'm going on a road trip that will last until the 1st of July with some friends. Then I hang out at home for a couple weeks, probably spend the 4th partying with friends and hanging out with family then on the 16th I fly down to Puerto Vallarta Mexico and I'm down there until the 20th of august. Gonna be a kick ass summer.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Buy an ounce of dank
Go on a couple epic camping trips with my friends
Consume said dank with said friends
Go to college
Quote by Zardokk
Everybody must get stoned! (If they are me.)
Quote by Xiaoxi

I went to China over the summer one time... My legs were covered in so many mosquito bites within a week, and I dunno how to say "mosquito" in Chinese to ask some storekeeper where to get some :/
Quote by kiefermatot
I'm going to buy a car, tour with my band, buy a ton of drugs and bum around with my girlfriend all summer. Later this fall we might take a trip to Australia.

No better place my friend , although weed prices suck here
Quote by FireandFlames
I went to China over the summer one time... My legs were covered in so many mosquito bites within a week, and I dunno how to say "mosquito" in Chinese to ask some storekeeper where to get some :/

Owned.

:P

Quote by terrencemaddox
although I fear the time of year when I have to go and visit mine.

You're not alone...

I can't wait to gtfo.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Learn to Wakeboard
Get a Job
Record songs
Get a Motorcycle (requires #2)
Get a teacher to help me better understand theory
And get a gf
Quote by gu1t4rh3r0
One of my friends said to the principle once,
"NO! The voices tell me not to talk to you!" *Runs away on all fours*
The principle eventually caught up to him and gave him a drug test.