I'm looking for a tiny little practice amp that I can plug right into my guitar, or clip onto my belt or something.

I'm not looking for some top of the line thing, just something cheap, like -$60. So far the only thing I've found relatively close to what I'm looking for is the Vox amPlug.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-Amplug-Metal-Headphone-Amp?sku=481678

Only thing I'm bumming about is that it doesn't have any speakers on it. =/ I'm fine with just hooking up my ipod to it and using cheap ipod headphones, but it'd be really cool if I could just unplug the headphones and let someone listen in it.

Is there anything better out there? I really don't want to buy this, and then have someone tell me about something better after I spent my hard earned $40 bucks. =P
͏͏͏
۩۩۩۩۩۩۩Ƒyre Ðeity۩۩۩۩۩۩۩

Quote by Here_is_no_why

"Hey Mike, did your mom have a C section when she gave birth to you? Because I wanna make sure she's tight before I bang her."
Isn't that what the microcube was originally designed for? I really have no idea though.
Several ideas come to mind, in order of cheapest on up:

$19.95 - Danelectro Honeytone
$24.99 - Dean Markley GT1000
$39.99 - Fender Mini Deluxe

All are fairly decent for their price. I personally have a Fender Mini-twin, and it sounds decent when hooked to a full-size cab.
Quote by samick007
Isn't that what the microcube was originally designed for? I really have no idea though.

Cubes don't start until $100, though.
There is this thing where an amp and speaker is built into the strap, and a short cable goes to your guitar.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by Gamerke
Marshall has this mini amp that you can clip on your belt:

****, that looks promising. I'm gunna check that out right now.
͏͏͏
۩۩۩۩۩۩۩Ƒyre Ðeity۩۩۩۩۩۩۩

Quote by Here_is_no_why

"Hey Mike, did your mom have a C section when she gave birth to you? Because I wanna make sure she's tight before I bang her."
I believe pretty much every mini amp (you can clip to your belt and such) sucks. But then again, they're decent for what they're supposed to be (and how much they cost). The Amplug is good but like said, it doesn't have speakers.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by Fyre Deity
****, that looks promising. I'm gunna check that out right now.

They do indeed...

...they sound like crap though
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
cant you attach computer speakers or the likes to a vox amplug?

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by steven seagull
They do indeed...

...they sound like crap though

OMG do they ever, i heard one on youtube..... sucks too, i wanted one. it`d be cool to have a mini Marshall 1/2 stack on my full size Marshall 1/2 stack

but they do sound TONS better with a distortion pedal. but then you`d have to carry a pedal in your pocket LOL
How about a Pocket Pod?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Line-6-Pocket-POD-Guitar-Effects-Processor?sku=151065

I would say its worth the extra money over the Amplug. Way worth it.
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
The MS-2 is a bit of a bitch because it has ZERO headroom. I didn't expect a lot, but I turned it up to 3 or so and it began to break up. But it works find. Sounds terrible but it is fun to play with, especially for trips and showing off to friends
Quote by FLNagle
How about a Pocket Pod?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Line-6-Pocket-POD-Guitar-Effects-Processor?sku=151065

I would say its worth the extra money over the Amplug. Way worth it.

It's also $70 over his budget.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Quote by MortifiedLizard
It's also $70 over his budget.

****, It's a damn shame too. =/ That's almost perfect (except for the added inconvenience of having to get a like a 2-foot cable to plug my guitar into it).

I definately like it. But I'll have to settle for the little vox amp for now. Once I get more money, I'll look at the pocket pod again.

I hate being poor.
͏͏͏
۩۩۩۩۩۩۩Ƒyre Ðeity۩۩۩۩۩۩۩

Quote by Here_is_no_why

Quote by Fyre Deity
****, It's a damn shame too. =/ That's almost perfect (except for the added inconvenience of having to get a like a 2-foot cable to plug my guitar into it).

I definately like it. But I'll have to settle for the little vox amp for now. Once I get more money, I'll look at the pocket pod again.

I hate being poor.

Hah, I definitely know where you're coming from. Being only 14, I don't exactly have a huge income. I think the key is to wait around for amazing deals. I (grudgingly) did that, and what happened? I came across a 130w 2x12 tube amp for $175!
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
have a look at smokey amps, a lot of big name bands use them while on tours. korn, zz top, foo fighters and rancid off the top of my head.

http://www.smokeyamps.com/index.html
for the price, you can't really go wrong
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?