ok, so I bought a used game from game stop today. Prince of Persia in case you are wondering. I put it in my gamecube and it would start to read and then there would be an error message on my screen. it would start off as the "cannot read disc", then it would pop up under a different one saying there was an error and to look at my cube manual. well, I don't have that manual so thats out of the picture. Well, I took the disc out to clean it when I noticed that on the top (the label end) there were what appeared to be cracks or scratches on the label. well, I looked at the bottom of the disc and it doesn't show those scratches or anything at all. I lightly bent on it to see if they were cracks and they don't appear to be because otherwise it would've broke off in my hand. the disc looks perfectly fine and my cube will play all the other games I own so I assume it must be those scratches. So how to i fix this problem?
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

if its used, they will give you a new working cd at the store if you bring it back
Jackson DXMG -> Vai Morley Wah -> Korg Black Tuner -> (Need a delay) -> Maxon OD808 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Noisegate -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Quote by kurt_cobain9
ok, so I bought a used game from game stop today. Prince of Persia in case you are wondering. I put it in my gamecube and it would start to read and then there would be an error message on my screen. it would start off as the "cannot read disc", then it would pop up under a different one saying there was an error and to look at my cube manual. well, I don't have that manual so thats out of the picture. Well, I took the disc out to clean it when I noticed that on the top (the label end) there were what appeared to be cracks or scratches on the label. well, I looked at the bottom of the disc and it doesn't show those scratches or anything at all. I lightly bent on it to see if they were cracks and they don't appear to be because otherwise it would've broke off in my hand. the disc looks perfectly fine and my cube will play all the other games I own so I assume it must be those scratches. So how to i fix this problem?

God, that game was amazing. Hate to say, but I can't really help. Gaming thread?
Quote by FireandFlames
Your weak mind just cannot comprehend the intense level of awesome that Pokemon is at.
well, they only had this one copy left so I don't think they have another one.

Quote by Dilweed
God, that game was amazing. Hate to say, but I can't really help. Gaming thread?

thats what I've heard and thats why I'm pissed I can't play it. lol

Quote by kurt_cobain9
well, they only had this one copy left so I don't think they have another one.

hmm if they don't even have a brand new one or another used one, ur outta luck. scratched disks can only be repaired so much. usually buffing them out at a game shop doesnt do much
Jackson DXMG -> Vai Morley Wah -> Korg Black Tuner -> (Need a delay) -> Maxon OD808 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Noisegate -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Quote by bc24frets
Blow on it...and i dont wana hear, "but it's a disk", if you really want to play it you'll blow on it.

i miss those old days... and sadly I tried that too and it didn't work.

The underside of the disc is superfine though?

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by jthm_guitarist
The underside of the disc is superfine though?

yeah, the underside of the disc looks practically new. there was some finger prints and **** that I whiped off of it. I'm so baffled with this game right now.

that happened to me with super smash bros about an hour ago, i just cleaned it and put it back in and that bitch did what it was told.
I answered this in the gaming thread. Scratches on the top of the disc are.. well.. deadly, for lack of a better word.
Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
haha gamecube................ nah just kidding, and get one of those cd scratch removers, but they dont always work
Don't, it's useless for scratches on top. Stick to the gaming thread. And take the game back.
Blow on it.

But take it back.
███
██████████
███████████
██████
████████
its just weird because you cant see the scratched from the bottom of the disc.

yea, the plastic on the bottom doesn't contain the data, the data is in the silver film which is under the part with the graphics, the reason scratches on the bottom screw it up is cuz they get in the way of that silver junk, which is why buffing them out fixes em... I found this out the hard way
Well, if it were scratches on the bottom of the disc... I would know what to tell you.

Peanut butter.

No. I'm not kidding.

Rubbing peanut butter on the scratches in the disc in a circular motion will gradually fill in the scratches... then of course, you wipe it clean.

But you have scratches on the top of your disc.

You're boned.

Return it to the store.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
Yes. We've established this already. Thank you.