i was planning on adjusting the truss rod in my guitar to try and stop some fret buzz but i didnt even get that far lol, i was trying to unscrew the cover but found it very hard, i kept saying to myself lefty loosey.. but then realised i had the guitar upside down and so was actually tightening them, now they are so tight that they wont budge, so i forced them and managed to get 1 out but now it wont go back in lol, and the other 2 are buggered so basically the point of this thread is to ask... does anyone know how to get really tight and buggered screws out of my guitar without breaking it lol. I really am a spanner
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
If the guitar is upside down, the screws would still come out if turned in a counter-clockwise direction...

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by jthm_guitarist
If the guitar is upside down, the screws would still come out if turned in a counter-clockwise direction...

oh yeh i guess they would, lol see told you im stupid, but yeh they didnt lol. the top one wont budge at all its so annoying and one it like stuck half way out and it wont go back in or come out lol.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Quote by lwayneio
oh yeh i guess they would, lol see told you im stupid, but yeh they didnt lol. the top one wont budge at all its so annoying and one it like stuck half way out and it wont go back in or come out lol.

???
Screws don't turn normally because you're stupid?

Well, no matter.. are the heads stripped? If you have it halfway out it's either that or it somehow got shifted and cross-threaded... in wood(?)

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22

Quote by Axelfox
try banging your guitar on the ground....if that doesnt work, try wraping a rope around it and tie it to the back of an SUV and drag it for about 23 miles, and if that wont work....go back to the ground thing.
Quote by jthm_guitarist
???

Well, no matter.. are the heads stripped? If you have it halfway out it's either that or it somehow got shifted and cross-threaded... in wood(?)

lol no im saying im stupid for thinking that it being upside down would make a difference . but yeh im not sure why they wont come out its really annoying, i have a blister on my thumb cos iv been trying to get them out so much really sucks, im not sure if the heads are stripped cos i dont really know what that means. if it means are the heads buggered then yes most appear to be slightly buggered but i tried using a flat screwdriver and i get okay grip but no matter how much i turn it never budges
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Quote by the.spine.surfs
I really don't think you need to get at the truss rod. Natural selection at work.

fair point
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Well grab the head of the screw with pliers and turn it out.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22

Quote by Axelfox
Quote by jthm_guitarist
???

It's the 10% rule, you have to be 10% smarter than the tool you are using, in this case, a screwdriver.

I have no idea what you managed to do, my rule of thumb is that as long as I'm loosening something I keep pushing something till it turns. As a strange coincidence, I don't like cheapo Wal-Mart screwdrivers.
Livin' Easy, Livin' Free
i dunno really the screws seemed to be spoiled before i even started and due to this they have become worse when i tried to undo them and now i cant get any grip, very frustrating, im sure they will come out eventually lol. was just hoping someone would have a brilliant way to remove pesky screws. And im really not totally stupid im at uni ;p i just have little common sense
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
My guess: You've scripped the thread in the screw and/or the wood and the screw's being held in by compression. This would require the screw to be pulled, new screws, and the hole to be filled and rerouted.

Best case scenario: They're just really freaking tight and will come out some day.

Absolute worst possible scenario: You turned them so hard you cracked the wood.

Either way, take it in to be fixed.
Last edited by wanderingguitar at May 27, 2008,