I'm going to New Zealand soon and I thought guitar related things might be cheaper there (I'm Australian). Could someone tell me the names of some New Zealand guitar/music shops so I can google search them to look at their prices. I would like them to be real shops, not online stores.
it would probably be more expensive in NZ because its so out of the way of the suppliers.

there 4 million people in NZ compared to 20 million in Aus. theres way less profit in NZ, so you have to pay way more to get stuff there.
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
There's also Music Works and some other smaller local stores. I don't think it would be much cheaper either.
Gear!:

Epiphone G400
Marshall JCM 800 4211 Combo
Karmer Forum III
Schecter Stiletto Deluxe 5
Holden Graphic something bass amp? (eh it's 300 watts!)
Some sort of 1x15 cab.
Yea, musicworks and the rock shop are your best bet. There are a few other places though, like a place on queen street (who's name I can't remember) that have pretty good stuff, but those 2 places are definite good bets. But I've looked both here and in Sydney and I can tell you right now that prices here aren't cheaper.
Problem with the rockshop is they have massive markups on virtually everything - that's why they can give you big discounts when you buy heaps of stuff so they look like the 'nice retailer' and you'll go back. Don't get me wrong, they've got some good stuff, but don't expect it to be cheaper than anywhere else in NZ, or Oz for that matter.

If you're coming to Wellington you should check out Weta Guitars. They're just a word of mouth place and don't have a website that I know of though.
If you disagree with anything I say, just take it as a joke
...or go to hell

It's more expensive in New Zealand.
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Quote by Fouxdafafa

If you're coming to Wellington you should check out Weta Guitars. They're just a word of mouth place and don't have a website that I know of though.

Where are they? I've never heard of them. What are their prices and stock like? I'll have to check them out seeing as I'm getting sick of everything being marked up so much at the rockshop. The music warehouse is a bit cheaper for some stuff, but they don't have as much stock.
Ka pu te ruha ka hao te rangatahi.
They're at 313 Mansfield Street in Newtown, down by Newtown Park. Just go down Adelaide Rd, then onto Ridderford St and then onto Mansfield.

They have some random brands that I've never heard of before, but also do their own guitars. All gats from there come already (and properly) set up, so it is a tad more pricey than other shops - but at least they're 100% playable straight away.

You can also get them to do custom builds for you.

EDIT: oh, and they're only open Tue-Sat midday-6pm.
...or go to hell

Quote by Fouxdafafa
They're at 313 Mansfield Street in Newtown, down by Newtown Park. Just go down Adelaide Rd, then onto Ridderford St and then onto Mansfield.

They have some random brands that I've never heard of before, but also do their own guitars. All gats from there come already (and properly) set up, so it is a tad more pricey than other shops - but at least they're 100% playable straight away.

You can also get them to do custom builds for you.

EDIT: oh, and they're only open Tue-Sat midday-6pm.

Sweet I will definitely check them out next time I'm down Newtown way. Another question, do they do customisations of gear? I just bought a gat off a guy I know, and want to get it re-finished but I don't know of any places to get this done.
Ka pu te ruha ka hao te rangatahi.
all the boutique shops on cuba street are good too. Mojo sound, alistairs music. Don't go to the rockshop. They're the mcdonalds of music shops.
lol if oz is leik a 3rd + again of what US prices are NZ prices must suck lol
I am me. Live with it.
Quote by Taydr
Sweet I will definitely check them out next time I'm down Newtown way. Another question, do they do customisations of gear? I just bought a gat off a guy I know, and want to get it re-finished but I don't know of any places to get this done.

Yeah they do - I'm not sure how much it will cost you but they do customizations.

EDIT: And lolcats is right about Mojo sound and the like - and there's a new one going in where Mojo was before it moved: 'Guitarium'. There's one of these at the corner of Adelaide Rd and Ridderford St in Newtown too.
...or go to hell

If you come to Whangarei theres a shop called "Music Mayhem" on Grant Street in kamo. Or "Wards" down in the middle of Whangarei.
Quote by Fouxdafafa
EDIT: And lolcats is right about Mojo sound and the like - and there's a new one going in where Mojo was before it moved: 'Guitarium'. There's one of these at the corner of Adelaide Rd and Ridderford St in Newtown too.

Yeah, just before the hospital (odd location). The owner's great too.

DeAd-RiP, prices do suck. To the max.
Definitely check out Weta if you can, they do great stuff, they even made my brothers 6 year old squier bullet sound good.
Guitarium has replaced Mojo and they're also in Newtown.
They stock some big branded names such as Gibson etc, but also have some custom guitars built by this chap in the UK which I think are amazing.
Anyway, check them out
I don't remember where I was,
When I realized life was a game.
The more seriously I took things,
The harder the rules became.
No, Mojo's still there, they've just crossed the street to underneath the San Fransisco Bath House. Guitarium is in Mojo's old shop.
...or go to hell

Yeah, I got a bit muddled up when I saw that. But now its like, san fran, mojo, guitarium, alistairs music and slowboat all five minutes from each other. Oresome.