I've been stricken witha pretty bad case of writer's block and it sucks, hard. Mainly because I have a good idea for a song in my head but I just can't seem to put it down on paper. I had a pretty bad experience at a bar tonight, no I wasn't drinking because I'm not old enough to do that plus I decided a long time ago to never touch alchohol. Anyway, I just noticed everyone being drunk and acting stupid and for some reason it just pissed me off so bad. I don't know exactly what it was, maybe it was because my Aunt was drunk off her ass or my cousins were drinking or maybe it's because my sister's at that age and I don't want to see her coming home wasted one night. Maybe it's because I don't want to break up any fights or have any nasty drunks coming on to me. I don't know.

Anyways, any tips?
Write a song about that man there you go you already wrote halve a song.
Hearing about a pair of great boobs is like hearing about a really cool bug or lizard as a kid and you just gotta see it.
Quote by AlmostLikeLife
I've been stricken witha pretty bad case of writer's block and it sucks, hard. Mainly because I have a good idea for a song in my head but I just can't seem to put it down on paper.
write down your thoughts no matter how jumbled they might be and come back to it later.
or just let it percolate and see if something emerges
or write something that you don't really care about, just for the sake of writing.
or write about not being able to write.
or enter an S&L competition and just write something to fit the comp.
or just walk away from writing until you feel inspired.

choose one or a combination from the above. whatever suits you.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Well here is what I have so far, the chorus and a verse. It's kind of hard to figure out the rhythm just by reading them but I know how I want it to sound.

[Verse]
I showed up
and took a look around
Everybody was acting like a clown
There was a girl
drunk off her ass
Dancing around and showing she had no class
I should have known
it would be this way
I kept looking and didn't know what to say

[Pre-chorus]
and all I ask is if you would please...

[Chorus]
Take me to a place
That's a little less grey
Take me to a place
Where I can relax again
Take me to a place
Where the sky shines blue
Take me to a place
Any place far away from here

The verse isn't going to be the first verse, obviously. But, as of right now, what do you think?
i think you need to post that in the main forum if you want a crit or comments.

it looks like writing to me. that's all i'll say.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.