How do you do a slide down the guitar like the one in 'scream aim fire' by BFMV? I try it with a pick but I get a horrible scratching sound.

And how do you bend harmonics like in the same song, they sound pretty cool.
Sorry if I sound a bit crap.

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
you just need to practice those pick scrapes till they sound better, I'm not very good at them myself so I don't really know what advice to give. As for the pinch harmonics, try adding a little vibrato when you play them and you should get a similar sound.
My Gear:
Ashton AG131
Ashton GA10 (amp)
Marshall MG250DX (gasp, i know...)
Ibanez S470DXQM
EH Metal Muff
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") ... he's gaining power
try scraping along the D and G strings together, tends to sound a bit better.

also, on your squier, using the second pickup selection (middle + bridge together) might help.
Quote by hugh20
How do you do a slide down the guitar like the one in 'scream aim fire' by BFMV? I try it with a pick but I get a horrible scratching sound.

And how do you bend harmonics like in the same song, they sound pretty cool.
Sorry if I sound a bit crap.

Try, when sliding, to angle you pick so you don't scrape/scratch the strings.

Also the Bridge pickup is best for harmonics, however for noise cancelling flick the selector between the bridge and middle pickup and you may have more luck. Ultimately however just practice. Are you using distortion (stupid question i know but you've got to check)?
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
I find that the best way to do a pick slide is the actually move the pick very slowly. This gets a much cooler sound, I believe this is what BFMV do as well. The harmonics they use are pinch harmonics, which means they are fretted with the left hand unlike natural harmonics which aren't technically fretted. You just add vibrato to the harmonic with your left hand. Many modern bands use this technique, check out Black Label Society and Killswitch Engage (first 2 that came to mind). If you're unsure how to play pinch harmonics there are lessons on this site
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey