Hey,
Just been looking into the Randall RM series and found a head with 3 modules at a decent price. Its the 1086, Brahma and Ultra modules.
Only problem is ... after a little research I found that they are all high gain modules. Sure I love my metal but I do like to use cleans occasionaly to. I've heard the blackface module is awesome ! So I can hopefully find someone who is willing to trade to 1086 for a blackface and use the Brahma for a crunch/rythem channel ?

Anyone had any experiance with these amps or these modules (1086, Braham and Ultra) ?
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
You know I've had experience with these amps.
The 1086 is versatile, very versatile.
Not sure about the Ultra and Braham though.
Signatures are overrated.
Yeah but I can't keep bothering you about everything :P
I personally don't really dig Donnegan's tone at all but hopefully I will still enjoy the tone of the 1086. I think I'll try and get Blackface - Recto - Bogner so I'll have to do a little trading. So yours seems to be holding up fine ?
How does it sound with a cheap cab (no offence) ?
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
None taken.
To be honest, a cheap cab doesn't do it justice at all. Mine sounds good, but would be so much more better with a good cab. The 1086 is actually pretty close to the recto module as well, except the recto module has a bit of a bass boost, which isn't really that great. Besides, the 1086 has two different mid sweet options and a gain boost.
The blackface is nice, especially with a chorus pedal. Can get a twangy sound through to a very nice warm sound.
But yeah, out of the modules you listed, I recommend the 1086, blackface, and the XTC.
Ahh it'll cost me more but I guess its good to know that a cheapy won't do justice. I'm thinking of getting a Framus Dragon 4x12 with V30's
I'm heard that it totaly slays mesa and marshall cabs from multiple people.
Yeah I think I'll try and get the blackface - 1086 - XTC
Apparantly the XTC is the best high gain module by far, the blackface youtube demos sounded great and you seem to think highly of the 1086. For $1700 I should have a set up that'll last me a long long time.

The kool thing is that when you and me come to sell our RM's we should make a little cash

Any other input guys ?
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
Thanks man, that mts forum is sic!
Can you buy modules of US ebay and stuff and have them work fine in Aus amps?
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
Yeah, sure can!
Last I checked there was no difference between the overseas modules and ours. If you're not sure just email Randall's support group though.