I have a PAL PlayStation 2, since I live in the UK. There's a game I really want, but it was only released in America, so it's NTSC. My question is, if I run it into my PS2 will it work? If it won't, is there anything I could buy to make it work (apart from an American PS2/TV)

My PS2 runs 60hz fine, on games where you can select 50hz or 60hz mode, like Burnout games.

Ta muchly.
Quote by EJD
I have a PAL PlayStation 2, since I live in the UK. There's a game I really want, but it was only released in America, so it's NTSC. My question is, if I run it into my PS2 will it work? If it won't, is there anything I could buy to make it work (apart from an American PS2/TV)

My PS2 runs 60hz fine, on games where you can select 50hz or 60hz mode, like Burnout games.

Ta muchly.

u guys havedif tvs than us in the uk? oh shi-
Quote by leonardo.kornuto
You're pretty

ty
a pal ps2 wont play ntsc games, only if u would like to spend a bit of money to buy a modification that will allow u to do so, ive got it on my ps1 and ps2
I broke a G string when I fingered A minor
Yeah, won't work. I think there are chips that you can get installed into the PS2 that'll allow you to play both types of games, but I've only ever heard of those chips being installed in Saudi Arabia.
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
You can buy a memory card that allows you to connect it to the computer, and there's a bit of software you can put on said memory cards that allows you to play imported games.

Look up Memento. It works a charm.
I had my PS1 chipped years ago, but I lost the original scart lead which had the PAL/NTSC tv options on it. Now I use the PS2 lead, but it means that NTSC games are in black and white
Swap magic will let you play NTSC games. It's just a disc, you put in your PS2 and then swap the disc for the game.
Require slight modding, you just have to take off the front of the disc tray on the PS2 (takes like 2 minutes, and you can reattatch it easily)
Beats using a mod chip which involves soldering.
Quote by gen0doom
You can buy a memory card that allows you to connect it to the computer, and there's a bit of software you can put on said memory cards that allows you to play imported games.

Look up Memento. It works a charm.

That sounds brilliant - I will look it up

You have to modchip it to be able to get some colors or picture at all on NTSC games.
I can hardly believe that swap magic will be able to do that since some of it is hardware related.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

swap magic allows you to play ntsc games if they're copied

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /