I was wondering how I'm doing for 3 weeks of playing guitar.

Here's what I can play:
Main riff of Sunshine of Your Love
Satisfaction
Star Wars
Solo from Living Loving Maid
Main riff of Smoke on the Water
Main riff of Misty Mountain Hop
Intro of Raining Blood
Intro of One
Beginning of Dust in the Wind
Intro of Schools Out
Intro of Don't Fear the Reaper
Funkytown
Same Old Song and Dance (except the solo)
Intro of Crazy Train
Iron Man (except the solo)
Main riff of Black Dog
Intro of Hearbreaker (Led Zeppelin) up to the solo
Main Riff of Mr. Roboto
Into of Sweet Child of Mine
Ring of Fire
Low Rider
Intro of Back in Black

Also, is there anything else I should be learning?

Thanks for your help!
Last edited by Will Swanson at May 27, 2008,
Unless you've pretty much been practicing nonstop, to put it lightly, I doubt it.
Well for three weeks, your impression of being able to play those songs could be different from how a seasoned player would see your technique. Just keep playing and practicing, you can't really be progressing badly (retrogressing?) because everyone moves at their own pace.

Also, for three weeks, I'd say the fact that you've got the concepts down for those songs is fairly impressive. Three weeks into guitar, I was pretty clueless, though I was self taught. I dunno about you though.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Will Swanson
I was wondering how I'm doing for 3 weeks of playing guitar.

Here's what I can play:
Main riff of Sunshine of Your Love
Satisfaction
Star Wars
Solo from Living Loving Maid
Main riff of Smoke on the Water
Main riff of Misty Mountain Hop
Intro of Raining Blood
Intro of One
Beginning of Dust in the Wind
Intro of Schools Out
Intro of Don't Fear the Reaper
Funkytown
Same Old Song and Dance (except the solo)
Intro of Crazy Train
Iron Man (except the solo)
Main riff of Black Dog
Intro of Hearbreaker (Led Zeppelin) up to the solo
Main Riff of Mr. Roboto
Into of Sweet Child of Mine
Ring of Fire
Low Rider
Intro of Back in Black

Also, is there anything else I should be learning?

Thanks for your help!

Sweet child o'mine? It's not an easy one, man. Either lying or godly, I'd say, and I'm more into the first option. Well, I don't mean that you are lying, but that you think you can play but you actually can't.
Quote by Deagle-Eyes
Sweet child o'mine? It's not an easy one, man. Either lying or godly, I'd say, and I'm more into the first option. Well, I don't mean that you are lying, but that you think you can play but you actually can't.

If you have strong fingers that can firmly hold the basic shape, then the intro isn't that hard...at all...
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
I'm not lying, I seriously can do it well, and I know what it is supposed to sound like. I honestly didn't think it was that hard, after a few hours I got it down. Sometimes I will buzz on a certain note, though.
Quote by pag_slash_2
You, Will my friend, are showing off

I am not showing off. I came on here just to ask for some serious advice. I hear about people learning Stairway to Heaven in 10 minutes once they first pick up a guiatar. I can't play that at all, so I thought I sucked, and wanted to hear your opinions.
You,my man,are great if you got those down in 3 weeks...congratulations...just keep playing and practicing.In my first three weeks of playing i barely got seven nation army and about a girl to sound similar to the original....and it was just painfull for my fingers to play...
That intro for raining blood isnt a easy one for your right hand...but nevermind...just keep playing...
-"Did you know Dave Mustaine is *ucking your sister!!!"

-"Who is Dave Mustaine???"

-"You don`t know who Dave Mustaine is?"

-"No."

-"Well...ask your sister"
its not how u know how to play the song, its HOW you actually play it. 2 different things my friend.

but lets just say you are playing it in time and perfect tone. ur doing fairly good.
Well, I can't do that friggin' fast part all that well, but the stuff before that is easy. Also, is it bad that I can't do Stairway to Heaven yet?
there is no good or bad if u can play stairway to heaven yet.... guitar playing is not a schedule because everyone is different....

you cant say, oh if you cant play this in 3months ur bad blah blah...everyone is different... u will eventually understand this, i was the same as u my friend.