Hi there, I wanted to know, for sure, if someone has done this, or if I won't have any problems replacing my current 16Ohm stock speaker from the VK112 with one Celestion V30 of 8Ohm and 60W.

The difference is half Ohms, and 10 more W, will I have any problems? Or should I do it?.

Thanks.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Jackson Kelly KE3

Strymon El Capistan
RMC4 Picture Wah
Sunface BC-108
Fulltone OCD
MXR M-108
ISP Decimator
Bad Monkey
Danelectro Fish & Chips

Peavey ValveKing 112:
-Celestion Vintage 30
Quote by Horlicks

OK, just needed to know, cause I'm from Argentina, and I don't know where to get them, and I saw 2 but both where of 8OHm, I will continue looking for a 16Ohm. Thx.
Jackson Kelly KE3

Strymon El Capistan
RMC4 Picture Wah
Sunface BC-108
Fulltone OCD
MXR M-108
ISP Decimator
Bad Monkey
Danelectro Fish & Chips

Peavey ValveKing 112:
-Celestion Vintage 30
Unless the VK has an ohm switch for the speaker your stuck using 16 ohms. Tube amps are pretty sensative to having matching ohms.
Quote by Tackleberry
Unless the VK has an ohm switch for the speaker your stuck using 16 ohms. Tube amps are pretty sensative to having matching ohms.

I had the doubt because in the back of the amp there is a plug where it says 'Speaker - min 8Ohm', but that is for an external speaker :P.
Jackson Kelly KE3

Strymon El Capistan
RMC4 Picture Wah
Sunface BC-108
Fulltone OCD
MXR M-108
ISP Decimator
Bad Monkey
Danelectro Fish & Chips

Peavey ValveKing 112:
-Celestion Vintage 30
Sorry to high-jack your thread but if I get the head and a 2x12 cab w/ 8 Ohm speakers, I set the amp to 16 correct?
if you have 2X8ohm speakers, you could get 16ohm or 4 ohm, depending on if you wire it in series or parallel, assuming you want mono operation

Also, without a impedance switch, it would be wise to stick to the same impedance loudspeaker(s)/cabinet
Quote by zhunt1130
Sorry to high-jack your thread but if I get the head and a 2x12 cab w/ 8 Ohm speakers, I set the amp to 16 correct?

If it's an 8 ohm cabinet set your amp to 8 ohms.

As far as the amp is concerned, it see's 8 ohms and doesn't care what is inside the cabinet. If the label on the cab says 8 ohms, it is an 8 ohm cab and you must set your amp accordingly.
Trav
Quote by Traveler 45C
If it's an 8 ohm cabinet set your amp to 8 ohms.

As far as the amp is concerned, it see's 8 ohms and doesn't care what is inside the cabinet. If the label on the cab says 8 ohms, it is an 8 ohm cab and you must set your amp accordingly.

Well the thing is, when I get my VK head soon, it may be a little while before I can get a 2x12 cab so I'm going to have to use the speakers on my MG250 until I can sell it and get a cab. On the output jacks, there is a 8 (Greek letter Omega) next to each jack. I'm confused whether Ohms is 8 or 16 for both speakers combined.
You have two stereo speaker outputs on your MG250, one to each of its 8 ohm speakers (the impedance should be stamped on each speaker). You should have a wire coming from each speaker.

The ValveKing 100w heads parallel speaker output impedance is selectable, 16, 8, or 4 ohms (the Omega symbol stands for ohms). The manual should spell out exactly what output impedance you should select. Here is the link to the manual: http://www.peavey.com/assets//literature/manuals/00575730.pdf (I couldn’t download it here at work).

Post back here if you still have questions.
Trav