I have an ibanez i am currently modding with two humbuckers, a single coil and a floyd rose trem.

I was wanting to remove the floyd rose and replace it with a tom through body thing
and fill in the rest on the holes.

i also wanted to remove the single coil and fill the hole in.

Questions

1. What should i fill it with
and where can i get it from

Thankyou
I would have thought an ordinary wood filler would have done the job (to many would/woods?), not to sure though.
This sounds really 'noobish' but if a got some white metal paint could i spray my floyd rose trem? (all parts will be disassembled)

Thanks
Quote by jakuknown
This sounds really 'noobish' but if a got some white metal paint could i spray my floyd rose trem? (all parts will be disassembled)

Thanks

Don't do it, you'll ruin it!!
Chances are it wil never re-assemble again (due to thickness of the paint) and the finish would wear / flake very quickly especially around the pivot points.. It would end up looking s**t very quickly.

SH
Wood filler wont work well its for small spaces. Not huge gaps. You would need a piece of wood shaped pretty close to the hole your filling. Its funny on one thread guy wants to make a hardtail guitar into a floyd and this thread its the other way. Be easier if you guys swapped guitars.
tackelberry you honestly think wood filler is pieces of wood hahaha, you must also think a quarterback is a refund?
You obviously didnt read my post or comprehend. I said you cant fill a huge hole where a FR was mounted and then drill into it for a TOM bridge and stop piece with wood filler. Wood filler works great for holes like screw holes or low stress stuff. But you cant fill a 2 or 3 inch cavity with it well not and expect it to look decent or hold a bunch of string pressure. No he would need to get some WOOD and make a piece that would fit where the FR was and glue it in. Any gaps around the edges then wood filler could be used.
Quote by Helpy Helperton
tackelberry you honestly think wood filler is pieces of wood hahaha, you must also think a quarterback is a refund?

WTF? He said wood filler is good only for small holes, not big gaps. If the gap is large, then you need a piece of wood to fill it. FFS.

Not only that, but wood filler is made from wood.
will the tune o matic work? your need to recess it or have a neck angle :S
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Funny how we are the tards. Yea he would have to recess it and would then be better off with string thru than a stop bar. Which would make the wood filler an even worse idea as the spring cavity will need to be filled in to.
Could recess the stop bar too

This is something I've thought about doing to my M-II for years now. I love it but damn is having a Floyd Rose annoying when you change tunings
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
why dont you block off the tre, but in a more permenant way?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
simple solution... burn the body and start over
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
Quote by rancidryan
why dont you block off the tre, but in a more permenant way?
I could, I'd rather not have it truthfully.

Restringing would be easier and the guitar would be a lot cleaner looking IMHO.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"