I've looked for answers but found nothing, anyway:
I'm DLing a large file through XBL (Psychonauts, 5.6gig) and was wondering: If I turn the Xbox off, will the file continue to download?
Thanks guys.
Doubt it. It will probably just pause it.
Guitar: Jackson JS30KV
PSN id : craig_241
Steam
Feel free to add me!
There's some setting in the Xbox Live settings that lets you put it on standby and allow the download to continue (or something like that), but I don't think you can turn it all the way off.
<Han> I love Hitler
Ah, ok thanks guys.
EDIT: Is standby just when the screen darkens?
Go to the System Blade and Console Settings - Shutdown

Enable background downloads

When you power off the xbox the fan should stay on and the green power rings will flash, that's how you know it's still going.

Yes, the 360 supports download resume. It won't download when it is off though...

Wrong answer.

Now /thread
Ok, it's now set to background download mode. Thanks again team.
I only got it today, so I'm not that Xbox savvy yet .
Quote by saphrax
Yes, the 360 supports download resume. It won't download when it is off though...

/thread

Is there anything it cant do? IT CAN WARM COFFEE....I SWEAR IT CAN. you buy the USB cup warmer and attach it and BAM istant re-heated coffee or whatever you want heated XD XBOX 360 FTW
Indeed
Quote by HaKattack
There's some setting in the Xbox Live settings that lets you put it on standby and allow the download to continue (or something like that), but I don't think you can turn it all the way off.

Yep, just don't disconnect the internet cause then it'll stop altogether. The quadrants on the front will go off and just flash the power light thing, then it will shut down automatically when the doanload is done.

You can turn it completely off, you just have to press the power button twice. The first one just does what i say up there ^^ and the second time turns it off completely.
The sex offenders register.. personally, i don't even think they should be in school.
Last edited by sum41kid123 at May 27, 2008,
If you turn the console off when downloading it will pause, when you turn it back on it will resume.