This problem has been happening for about two weeks now but never before. Basically when I turn on my PC the CPU fan is really loud. It sounds like something has caught against it or something but there is nothing there at all for it to be catching on. It goes after about two minutes but it's it's still really annoying.

Also, it's not a faulty fan or heatsink because I've tried brand new ones and it's still the same.

Any suggestions?
Vaccuum it.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Is it dusty?

Something inside my comp was making a weird noise, I went in there with a can of compressed air a few days ago and the sound hasn't come back since.
Quote by Kensai
Vaccuum it.
DO NOT vacuum the inside of your PC.

It generates static and you can fuck up your components.
^ What kind of EMP vaccuum do you use?

Just put the vaccum some centimeters from the fan and vaccum, geez.
Quote by Kensai
^ What kind of EMP vaccuum do you use?

Just put the vaccum some centimeters from the fan and vaccum, geez.
I cleaned my PC last week, all the guides for doing so were fire and brimstone on vacuums. I figured if so many people agree it must be true.
Quote by freedoms_stain
I cleaned my PC last week, all the guides for doing so were fire and brimstone on vacuums. I figured if so many people agree it must be true.

I know alot of guys who vaccum their computers who work in that business, I guess alot could go wrong if you're not very... skilled with it. I've done it for years without trouble, maybe I'm just lucky
Thanks, I'll try cleaning it out in a minute. I think there's a can of compressed air in the shed.

And I've already tried a new heatsink and fan, I went out today and bought them. But if the problem persists I'll probably have to buy another.
It is very unlikely, but the CPU fan may be set to constantly spin at full speed. There is an option in the BIOS (I forget the name) that changes the fan speed depending on the CPU core temperature. If this is off, it may be worth turning it on.

But only try that after you've used compressed air on the HSF and if you're comfortable in the BIOS.
Tell me, who is this?
It's Mr. Lemon...
What are you doing here?
I'm off to the cupboard, where I keep the bodies...
Bad Mr. Lemon, bad lemon.
Make sure you shake the can of compressed air ALOT before using it, especially if it's been sitting round for years.

My friend tried to use it on his CPU fan and ended up spraying the weird liquid **** all over his CPU because he didn't shake it enough.
I've found the problem. I could have sworn the noise was coming from the CPU fan but it turns out it was the graphics card fan. Anyway it's fixed now, but thanks for your help anyway.
Quote by Kensai
I know alot of guys who vaccum their computers who work in that business, I guess alot could go wrong if you're not very... skilled with it. I've done it for years without trouble, maybe I'm just lucky

It's better to be safe than sorry, vaccums do generate static electricity, and alot of people who clean their PC's use very high end components, processors that cost more than cars and having them blow because of not using compressed air is a kick in the balls.
Quote by Rocking-Rob
It's better to be safe than sorry, vaccums do generate static electricity, and alot of people who clean their PC's use very high end components, processors that cost more than cars and having them blow because of not using compressed air is a kick in the balls.

Yeah it's probably why it's recommended.