How would i go about Installing a 3 prong grounded power cord in a 1961' Fender Bandmaster. It is a Blonde Bandmaster FYI. Can some one tell me what i need to do. Because i really want to get this beast up and running soon.
Go to a pro. Electrical work is easy to botch, and do you really want to destroy a almost 50 year old amp?
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
Quote by handlerb
Go to a pro. Electrical work is easy to botch, and do you really want to destroy a almost 50 year old amp?

TS: Have you ever done any electronic before? And could you post a pic of the power part so someone more knowledgeable than myself can help you
here is top view of the amp's guts i have not touch or changed anything it is all stocked. Someone however has bypassed the fuse (what a moron!) but here is a large picture

in the top right corner you can see where the power cable comes in

edit: also here are the schematics for the amp

Last edited by Stratmaster458 at May 27, 2008,
Quote by Stratmaster458
anyone gonna answer the question i have pics and schematics up for like over an hour
Be patient. Sometimes it takes days to get proper responses.

... of course now that you've whined about it being "like over an hour", people will be lining up in droves to answer.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
i've got a 3 prong power cable to use with the amp. I know where the white (hot) and the black wire go but i don't know where to wire the third green (ground) is suppose to go. Please enlighten me where i should attach the ground wire. This amp has a ground switch on it even though the cable does not have a ground prong. Please view the picture and the schematic to help your thinking. thanks yall
The switch should be disconnected. You could, however, use two of the lugs for soldering the power cables wires to. The ground wire should be grounded on the closest PT bolt. This is arguably the most important wire in the whole amp, so make sure it properly connected to the chassis, and it won't vibrate loose.