I have come to UG for years to get tabs and chord sheets. I have recently become a registered user to contribute to the resource that I have been using. So I submitted a tab.... It was declined (I think) and I am not sure why. (no message or email that I am aware of) I thought it was a good version but I don't know what's up can anyone help?
most of the time i reject a tab is because theres already a full tab for it, therefore its un-needed. other than that, it will just be because it sucks....
Yea this happened to me aswell. Spent 5 hours painstakingly tabbing out Duncan Hills Coffee Theme by Dethklok and it gets rejected. It was perfect, eg. I tabbed the solo by watching a video of it being played (by the person who wrote it) and me following along on my guitar AND on guitar pro.

So **** it, I ain't wasting my time doin it again. As my attempt to contribute was rejected I can continue to take from the site guilt-free.
Quote by subopolois
you lazy cheap bastard

Gear:
ESP LTD M-50
Marshall G80RCD
Boss ME-50
Ernie Ball STHB

Kill Crazy of the Red Dwarf Smeg Heads!
Quote by jakewynnrocks
most of the time i reject a tab is because theres already a full tab for it, therefore its un-needed. other than that, it will just be because it sucks....

So is the other full tab correct or do you just regect it because it is a duplicate. This site is awsome but full of incorrect tabs?
Quote by jakewynnrocks

The only problem with this method though, is that I like to compare two tabs and pick what I think is correct when I learn a song.

If the two tabs are identical, then by all means reject it. But if there's an arguable difference, let it go, because I want to see other's opinions on how it should be played and decide which I like best, rather than someone else decide what tab I see.
Quote by joshmaloney
hey Collapse-

Who actually approves the tabs????

Users who have submitted 3 or more tabs that were approved can approve and reject tabs.

So say your tab had been accepted, if you did two more tabs for songs and they got accepted, you could now go into the menu and judge other people's tabs and whether to approve or reject them.
Quote by joshmaloney
hey Collapse-

Who actually approves the tabs????

People like me. There's plenty of possibilities to why it wasn't taken.

1) It was never looked at, and I don't think the UG Staff actually looks at the tabs submitted

2) There were too many versions

3) It was an incomplete tab

4) Or you're full of yourself and your tab was actually really bad =/
It make me wonder why I would waste my time to contribute if it doesnt even get looked at or gets denied because there are other versions.

How many votes does it take to get denied / accepted??
I tabbed the intro to This isn't the tencha-ichi-budokai by I hate myself. I tried uploading it 1 time but the structure was a bit off, I only noticed that later, so it got declined. Now I can't reupload and admins don't reply to my mail.

Yamaha RBX A2
Ampeg BA600-115 1 x 15 Bass Combo
Please see the forum FAQ.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic