So my strap kinda fell off and my guitar hit the ground hard, broke the headstock in two.

Its a jackson DK2M, and it broke right between the third and 4th tuner.
Any way to fix this? Or just get a new neck...
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD Viper-400
Jackson RR3
Gibson SG Voodoo
Washburn Acoustic

Peavey 6505 head.
Marshall JCM200 TSL100 head.
Vader 4x12.

Maxon OD9.
Boss NS-2.
t's bolt on let a prof look at it he will know what to do
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
if it is a bolt-on, you'd probably have to have the neck replaced. if it's a neck-through.... you're more or less screwed.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
picture please

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

You can probably glue it back together with titebond. Or have a pro do it for you.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Ouch = (

Pictures might help us get an idea. But really you need to take it to a professional.
It's a fairly simple thing to fix, post some pictures of the break and it'd be alot better for us all here to tell you if it's fixable, which chances are, it will be.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by Kingyem0c0re
It's a fairly simple thing to fix, post some pictures of the break and it'd be alot better for us all here to tell you if it's fixable, which chances are, it will be.

What he said.

Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD Viper-400
Jackson RR3
Gibson SG Voodoo
Washburn Acoustic

Peavey 6505 head.
Vader 4x12.

Maxon OD9.
Boss NS-2.
Well, you now have a cool, hi-octave, 3-string bass!
- Fender, Taylor, Martin, Ibanez, Ramirez, Marshall, Boss, Morley, Mesa/Boogie, Univox, Shure, Monster, Dunlop, Seymour Duncan, DiMarzio, Lace, Sperzel, DW, Tama, Zildjian, and a little Johnnie Walker
it would be best to just replace it.
Gear
Schecter C1 Hellraiser FR
1967 Ventura Les Paul Copy
Marshall JCM 2000 Dual Super Lead
That should glue right back on. I'd get it done by a pro luthier though, it looks like a bitch to clamp properly.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Looks like a fairly clean break although i couldn't see too clearly the detail of the break. Just think it could have splintered all over the place, you might just be in luck. It might be cheaper to get a new neck off the ebay tho.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Get a price of a local Luthier see what he says then if its too much get a new neck
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
The biggest difficulty I see in self-repairing it is clamping it properly for the bond to set, since it's in an odd spot.

I can see how I'd do it myself, but that requires creating a really specific jig in order to hold the pieces properly in the clamp.

I'd more likely see about getting the neck replaced or seeing the help of a pro just to save the trouble though.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
I live in north west iowa, not a single luthier ANYWHERE.

Anyone know a good place to get a replacement neck...possibly a sweet maple one like this....

Geez this sucks.
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD Viper-400
Jackson RR3
Gibson SG Voodoo
Washburn Acoustic

Peavey 6505 head.
Vader 4x12.

Maxon OD9.
Boss NS-2.
Order a tube of Titebond original and try to do it yourself before you just scrap a nice neck like that. You should be ashamed of just thinking about it.
Take the time to make a nice jig for it, apply glue, clamp hard for 24 hours, voila, better than new.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Warmoth. It's not TOO expensive.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
That G string tuning peg might help keep it together if you decided to repair it, and you could cut out some wood blocks to make the headstock square, so to speak, then clamp that. Basically so you would have even pressure in the middle against each other. If that doesn't make sense, I shall send my whipping boy to fetch pictures for an example.
Hmm, I wish my father wasnt in the hospital. Hes realllllll good with this kinda stuff. Gay.

I might just throw the neck from my RR3 on it for now...it wont be as pretty, but it should work.

Seriously...this was THE most beautiful neck EVER.

Geeez.
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD Viper-400
Jackson RR3
Gibson SG Voodoo
Washburn Acoustic

Peavey 6505 head.
Vader 4x12.

Maxon OD9.
Boss NS-2.
Quote by Eric 666
I'd say keep playing it if its still in tune.

The remaining 3 strings you mean? Or what?

Hmm...kickass way to invent a new instrument.

All jokes aside, this happened to a Jackson I used to own as well...somehow their angled-down headstocks seem to be easy to break.

I had mine fixed by a luthier and then sold it shortly after...had to tell the guy who bought it though, cause by looking at the headstock it was impossible to tell...

Goodluck having it fixed though without a luthier near...then again, if you try and fail, at least you've tried.

Goodluck!
ADA MP-1 fanatic!

Rig:
ADA MP-1 (stock)
TC Electronic G-Major
Marshall El84 20/20
Quote by ZC3rr0r
The remaining 3 strings you mean? Or what?

Hmm...kickass way to invent a new instrument.

All jokes aside, this happened to a Jackson I used to own as well...somehow their angled-down headstocks seem to be easy to break.

I had mine fixed by a luthier and then sold it shortly after...had to tell the guy who bought it though, cause by looking at the headstock it was impossible to tell...

Goodluck having it fixed though without a luthier near...then again, if you try and fail, at least you've tried.

Goodluck!

Take a look closely, the nut is still clamped, all 6 strings are still in, so you can still play it if its still in tune...or fine tune it if its not, see what good Floyds do?
Ha, i played it the rest of practice...
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD Viper-400
Jackson RR3
Gibson SG Voodoo
Washburn Acoustic

Peavey 6505 head.
Vader 4x12.

Maxon OD9.
Boss NS-2.