I've been looking at a guitar on ebay, but it says it's 39" and not the usual(?) 41"..
I'm guessing this means that the guitar is 2 inches shorter than a normal guitar?

What are the pro/cons of this? Will it make a (huge) difference in sound and/or playability?
"To Talk Without Thinking Is To Shoot Without Aiming"
^ What are they talking about? a normal acoustic scale length is somewhere around 25-26 inches.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
In most cases it says something like "41" Full Size" or "41" Adult size" in the ads, and in this one it says 39"..

The scale length is 25.5
errr... 41 inches from headstock to bottom edge of the top?
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Yeah.. So after a little research it seems as if it's just a smaller body type.. A "regular" sized dreadnought is 41" from head(stock) to toe, and a 3/4 sized is 38"..

This is 39" but since it's still 25.5 scale length it shouldn't matter much in terms of playability..

I guess it won't be as loud as a normal guitar due to its smaller body size - That's at least what I think...
Quote by Furious Yellow
Yeah.. So after a little research it seems as if it's just a smaller body type.. A "regular" sized dreadnought is 41" from head(stock) to toe, and a 3/4 sized is 38"..

This is 39" but since it's still 25.5 scale length it shouldn't matter much in terms of playability..

I guess it won't be as loud as a normal guitar due to its smaller body size - That's at least what I think...

in terms of length that way, it probably wont make much of a difference. not all "full sized" guitars are exactly 41 inches. there can definitely be guitars that are smaller than other body types and still be just as loud.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.