Quote by James_Het_Rules
The beginning riff was pretty cool, sounded kind of familiar from somewhere, like i've heard it before, but whatever it was cool anyways. When it dropped to the bass its pretty cool and then you have the little palm muting bits in there which fit pretty nicely, and whatever you used for drums sounded great as well. The main theme, or chorus i guess is what i'd call it was very good, i like the song quite a bit, i almost thing it could use vocals but finding a good vocalist is never easy. The bass parts throughout the song sound great. Around 2:35 the little breakdown bit you have is awesome, and when everything drops out it sounded cool. You were right to be proud of the solo, it fit very very well, and i liked it, it didn't sound busy to me at all, and the little octave raises in there were cool as well, you did a great job with the song overall!

crit mine?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=863747

Thanks man! I'm listening t yours right now ill crit in a sec. As with all my tracks they pretty much NEED vocals lol! haha

Dan!
The sound quality and playing are great. Energy level is good too. Maybe this song is supposed to have vocals? For an instrumental, if it we me, I'd do some melodies over the top of all that rhythms playing. I can hear harmony lines in my head that I'd overdub. The solo is OK - I don't really care for the whammy effect - but I'm kind of old school. Sounds like most of it could have been done without it, but I could be wrong. Overall pretty damn good - solid playing. I'd just like some melody on top of it to finish it off.
Quote by GoDrex
The sound quality and playing are great. Energy level is good too. Maybe this song is supposed to have vocals? For an instrumental, if it we me, I'd do some melodies over the top of all that rhythms playing. I can hear harmony lines in my head that I'd overdub. The solo is OK - I don't really care for the whammy effect - but I'm kind of old school. Sounds like most of it could have been done without it, but I could be wrong. Overall pretty damn good - solid playing. I'd just like some melody on top of it to finish it off.

Thanks man. I've always wanted to do a solo with one so i thought that now was my chance. Lol. And yeah i do need a vocalist eventually hopefully!!!
Thanks for the crit. Some nice riffs on there, it's also very well recorded. Cool solo but as it's already been said it needs vocals to finish it. Great track though.
"Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life.Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!" ~ Billy Connolly
Very nice. Good tone, good mixing, I would love to hear this vocals. The solo was pretty good too. I wish it would've lasted longer though. lol I've always thought short solos are such teases.
haha, your opening riff sounds a lot like my main riff on the song "crash and burn" on my profile. very good mixing. sounds great!
Quote by Garb
Very nice. Good tone, good mixing, I would love to hear this vocals. The solo was pretty good too. I wish it would've lasted longer though. lol I've always thought short solos are such teases.

Always leave them wanting more
Very nice track man, you need to find a vocalist and youd be set. Are you using a plugin for the drums? Because they are very nice. Guitar tone is great, and overall flow and quality of the song is great. Excellent work.
Quote by mash71
Very nice track man, you need to find a vocalist and youd be set. Are you using a plugin for the drums? Because they are very nice. Guitar tone is great, and overall flow and quality of the song is great. Excellent work.

I'm usng a combination of two, standalone programes. The first is GP5, i use it to write the drums tracks but not for the audio cos, lets face it, its ****, and for the actual sound i use Drumsite, a niftly little programme which you can import the miditracks from GP5 into and play with good drums. Lol. Thanks for the comments!
Good recording quality, nice straight up rock, I digg it. I really love when everything drops out except the drums, bass, and palm muted guitar. I like the whammy pedal on the solo, it spices it up a bit. This song would rock even more with some vocals. Maybe the bass could be a tiny bit louder too. I think the sweetest part of the whole song is from 2:35 to 2:57, but that's just me. Overall, sweet stuff man, keep it up!

P.S. Thanks for the crit on my thread!
Quote by OhSoInsane
Excellent work man! Great sound, great riffs and you seem to have a musical gift!

Always nice to be told you have a "Gift"! Thanks mate