To buy guitar items online when you know theres a music store near you that probably needs the profit from people buying stuff. Its like, i looked at the price of stuff in my local called Mid Air Music and it just seems to add about 10% on too everything.

Theres also another local store near me called Sound and Image which sells a Fender Highway 1 Tele (which is what i want my next guitar too be) for 600 pounds. Online at GAK its 420. Dunlop Crybaby, 60 quid online but 70 in that store.

I feel guilty because i bought 72 picks for 11 pounds (dont ask me why 72, ebays weird) as apposed to buying it from the good music store near me for 50p each picks

Whats your guy's opinions and state of mind on this kinda thing?
My metal is more br00t4lz than yours

Gear:
Squier Strat
ESP B-10 Bass
Peavey Backstage
Last edited by Taylor704 at May 27, 2008,
If you feel that guilty, go see if they'll price match those internet shops. If they won't, you shouldn't feel guilty about saving money.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by BaffAttack
If you feel that guilty, go see if they'll price match those internet shops. If they won't, you shouldn't feel guilty about saving money.

+1.
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
They still use pounds over there? I thought they moved to Euro's?
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
Yeah man. Im sure their prices will be higher. But if they will match the prices you can find, then you got a good store.
My local shop is awesome. They usually charge me internet prices. My Tiny Terror even cost me less than through Thomann.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
At the very least, see if they'll come down to the internet price with what you'd pay for shipping. Unless of course that's actually more...then you aren't saving money on the internet in the first place. That's what some places do, you know. They'll discount the product but they make it back by inflating the S&H.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Hoodoo Child
72 picks?!?! lol

Actually I've done the same, I bough like 2 pounds (yes pounds as in weight) of Dunlop Tortex's like a year ago and I'm actually out of them.
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
Lots of pick slides, huh?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
The owner of one of the shops near me told me he couldn't pricematch £280 on a JamMan because it's cost him that to buy it in. I asked him why he was buying at retail price and he went on a rant about shops being run by drugs cartels and selling everything at a loss.

I laughed and left. Never found anything that wasn't second hand for less than £50 over what it should be there.
You shouldnt feel guilty, because every person in the world is always looking for the BEST price, and if that means buying from the internet and burying the local shop to the ground, then oh well.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
Quote by SG6578
Actually I've done the same, I bough like 2 pounds (yes pounds as in weight) of Dunlop Tortex's like a year ago and I'm actually out of them.

oh my god what did u do with them lol?

i might do that.
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
I try to buy some things at my local shop. They only carry spider amps so not buying an amp. And they have no lefthanded guitars, so no guitars. But I will go get strings and such. They will match other prices and many times knock off a little so it will be even money or no tax that sort of thing. Its 40 minutes to another store and several days to get some strings on the net. We all want a good deal but we also need to support our local community stores. Otherwise all thats left is walmart.
Quote by SG6578
They still use pounds over there? I thought they moved to Euro's?

No, Britain still uses pounds which is £ and the rest of Europe uses Euros (&euro. We (the U.S.) use dollars ($)(obviously).
Guitars:
Epiphone SG
Schecter Damien FR
Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amps:
Epiphone Studio 10S Practice Amp
Peavey ValveKing 212

Effects:
Vox V847 (NOT V847A) Wah Pedal
DOD FX55-B Supra Distortion
A lot of shops will lower it down to match the price of an online shop; all you have to do is print it out and ask. If you look at it from their view--why have cheap prices if people buy it for that much, and are to lazy to haggle?
dude, why feel guilty, its YOUR money you're spending, its not your buisness, its their's, if their prices are too high thats their problem not yours. im sure music stores have told you to buy from them because it "benifits your community." no it doesnt, they get paid on commission, and all the suckers that belive them line their wallets with cash. buy online if its cheaper. buy at a store if its cheaper.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
if the store soon goes out of bussiness, they'll have a closing sale...success? i think so
If its that big of a difference (I dunno pounds but 180 less on 600 seems like a big difference), dont feel guilty bout getting it online. Theres really not any local music stores in the US because of guitar center, and its because the local places used to charge outrageous amounts.
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
i was browsing through a local music store once...just looking...dude was like are you looking for a guitar...i was like, just looking around, not looking to buy...hes like what kind of guitar do you have...i told him...he said where did you buy it...i said musiciansfriend...then he gave the whole im killing the community speech thing...and then told me i needed to buy a backup guitar from that store...i said, thats ok, i have a second guitar...then he says, what if they both break...i said thats fine...i have six guitars...he said...well you probably need to buy one from here anyway so if any problems happen with it you can take it here to get worked on...i said if i dont buy a guitar from you, thus i cant have problems with it, and all you carry are squiers and knock off gibsons. my gutiars are high quality. my amplifiers are high quality. he got mad. like i said, they get paid a chunk of what you buy, its commission. like clothing stores.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.