Page 1 of 3
What songs do you know of that have different meanings than you'd orginally think. e.x "relax" I never knew it was about gay sex until about a year ago.
www.youtube.com/jordan123x
Last edited by JordantheAxe at May 27, 2008,
My Sherrona?

Never really listened to the lyrics before....
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Quote by JordantheAxe
What songs do you know of that have different meanings than you'd orginally think. e.x "relax" I never knew it was about masterbating until about a year ago.

Really need to stop singing that song to myself then
Quote by Just Andrew
My Sherrona?

Never really listened to the lyrics before....

I dunno, I think those lyrics are pretty straight forward
Seventyx7 by Brand New is all about Jesse having his girlfriend stolen by John Nolan ex. TBS.
There is no I in Team by Taking Back Sunday was a comeback to it.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by JordantheAxe
Yeah, but the peppy 80's beat to it would suggest otherwise...
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Um... Right Turn Clyde (AKA "Dick with no Balls") by the Bloodhound Gang? Because "Dick with no Balls" can mean:
A) A penis with no testicles (neutered)
B) A mean guy (a dick) who's scared to do risky things (no balls)

EDIT: The dude above me reminded me of another one... "Beat It" by MJ! Just use your imagination for that one.
"Mama" by Genesis is about a hooker.
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
Slow ride.

I always thought it was about relaxing and taking it easy through life <,<

It's from the seventies, I assumed the "baby"s thrown in were gratuitious -_-
Although I never thought it was a secret, I have friends that didn't think Don't Fear the Reaper was about suicide.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Mechanix

Turns out it isnt ACTUALLY about cars...
Quote by Aussie_skater
everyone listen to PLOP he knows the way of the forum samurai

Quote by Seth Shadows
^PLOP = Best, username, ever.

REVOCATION FTW! 9/9/9
Um... Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds is about LSD, but that's not that secret ._.
o the Cesars-Jerk It Out is about masterbation
Its easy once you know how its done,you cant stop now its already begun etc etc
Quote by Shaharz
Um... Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds is about LSD, but that's not that secret ._.
No, not necessarily, if you believe what tabloid magazines tell you, then maybe. But I believe John's story. Either Sean or Julian(I'm not sure which) drew a picture one day and showed it to John. John, astonished by the picture promptly asked what it was, and Sean(Julian) replied "It's Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds".

John Immediately ran to start working on the song. Now, because the lyrics are so weird and the titles spells out LSD, some people believe it is about it.

/rant
Quote by Teh Forest King
Sally Cinnamon is about cocaine.

D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

Quote by Just Andrew
No, not necessarily, if you believe what tabloid magazines tell you, then maybe. But I believe John's story. Either Sean or Julian(I'm not sure which) drew a picture one day and showed it to John. John, astonished by the picture promptly asked what it was, and Sean(Julian) replied "It's Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds".

John Immediately ran to start working on the song. Now, because the lyrics are so weird and the titles spells out LSD, some people believe it is about it.

/rant

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds - just look at the first letters of every word , I know you said it but that should be enough.
My Gear:

Guitars:
Fender American HSS Stratocaster

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
Keeley TS-9 Tube Screamer
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Die er Van satan by tool is a cookie recipe
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Quote by LightningRider
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
.....Yeah, I know.

Watch "Imagine", there's an interview where John describes what I wrote....

EDIT: Maybe, but what if a song were called "Leonard James Sold His Soul To The Devil"?

Doesn't necessarily mean the song is about LSD
Quote by Teh Forest King
Quote by Shaharz

Not true. Lennon himself said its about a picture that sean lennon (his son) drew. he drew a picture of "lucy" flying in the sky with stars that looked like diamonds. Trust me, one of my high school teachers (the smartest man i know) was a HUGE HUGE Beatle's buff, and even and even bigger Lennon fan. He taught a class strictly about the 60s and the times, culture, and music of that era. You even go in depth to the beatles for a whole week.

Edit: The only reason it was ever considered to be about LSD is because that around the whole time of the LSD craze. That was around the time where the Beatles started experimenting with drugs and different types of music. This may have had alot to do with people believing it was about LSD.
Quote by WaggyPlank
so yeah, now i have poop floating around in my ballsack.
Last edited by RiseAgainst at May 27, 2008,
Stairway?
Quote by mh400nt
Me too man, I cant remember ever actually laughing out loud for ages due to the internet, omegasus is just....hes just awesome

Quote by Smokey Amp
I'm pretty sure guys don't get breast cancer.
Golden Brown by the Stranglers was all about heroin....
Quote by Jonjy2
Haha! You are awesome Bucketbotman!! Lolz!!

+100

I CAN PUT MY FOOT BEHIND MY HEAD!

Gear
Ibanez RG370DX special edition!
Tanglewood Oddessy Acoustic
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960's A slant cab
Fender 40W amp
Dunlop Crybaby
Let's see, according to the Lucy Theory...

Same Old Sang and Dance = SOSAD = Song about depression
Back in Black = BiB = About a black cloth that protects a shirt from rampant spaghetti.
Highway to Hell = HTH, then add in some missing vowels = H(e)(a)TH = OMG Heath Ledger!!
Quote by terryguitar
GROW UP WE DONT NEED 2 CHEAT WHEN OUR KIDS ARE BEAUTIFUL

Quote by blynd_snyper
Ummm, petrol? Nip down to your local petrol station, buy a litre of the stuff and soak your balls in it, light them up and start playing with them.
the red hot chili peppers - other side

is about gay anal secks.

The police - every breathe you take

is about a stalker
Quote by JordantheAxe

Its about Paedophilia x)

Roxanne by The Police is about a prostitute... But everybody knows that
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
I was just writing about this in the Thrice thread.

Most of Thrice's songs have a superficial and a deeper meaning. But i don't think its anything secretive. Just a deeper meaning about life, religion, god and stuff.

Can't think of something excitingly revealing off the top of my head...
Quote by jthm_guitarist
Although I never thought it was a secret, I have friends that didn't think Don't Fear the Reaper was about suicide.

Once again, wrong. Where do you ever hear anything about suicide in the song?

An interview with Eric Bloom states that the song is about living life to it's fullest, and he didn't understand where the suicide association came from.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by PlayMadness
Once again, wrong. Where do you ever hear anything about suicide in the song?

An interview with Eric Bloom states that the song is about living life to it's fullest, and he didn't understand where the suicide association came from.
Maybe the allusion to Romeo and Juliet might have given that idea....

But yeah, I'm not sure either.
Quote by Teh Forest King
Quote by bucketbot
Golden Brown by the Stranglers was all about heroin....

As was There She Goes bt The La's.

The Ramones - The KKK Took My Baby Away was written by Joey, about Johnny stealing his girlfriend. The 'KKK' refers to Johnny's right wing political stance.
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']^ This man knows everything.

Seriously, don't even try and question him, he'll rip your face off with his awesomeness alone.
Quote by Kumanji
@ yet another win post from Vince. Kudos to you, sir.
Quote by af_the_fragile
I was just writing about this in the Thrice thread.

Most of Thrice's songs have a superficial and a deeper meaning. But i don't think its anything secretive. Just a deeper meaning about life, religion, god and stuff.

Can't think of something excitingly revealing off the top of my head...

True, that's why I love Thrice.

Thursday's War All The Time(album as a whole) is not really about war. It's about broken relationships and friendships.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
dunno about hidden lyrics but when since i finally learned what 'venus in furs' is about from the velvet underground I'm kinda scared of that song.

It's about s&m and bondage...
Quote by toine
chasing cars by snow patrol isn't about chasing cars

Hahaha. I just totally imagined the guy in the video clip running after cars like some dog on a leash.

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

Quote by GrissomFan
the red hot chili peppers - other side

is about gay anal secks.

The police - every breathe you take

is about a stalker

Erm....otherside is not about anal secks?

What the hell you talking aboug
Quote by GrEgUms1991
Erm....otherside is not about anal secks?

What the hell you talking aboug

the title could be interpreted as crossing over to the other side. Meaning crossing over to men.
Page 1 of 3