Nope. YOU need to decide that. Find that one that feels and sounds good to you, not the one some stranger on a forum suggests, which usually isn't the right one for you.
- Fender, Taylor, Martin, Ibanez, Ramirez, Marshall, Boss, Morley, Mesa/Boogie, Univox, Shure, Monster, Dunlop, Seymour Duncan, DiMarzio, Lace, Sperzel, DW, Tama, Zildjian, and a little Johnnie Walker
The MicroCube is a very good amp, and I'm sure you'll find lots of recommendations for it, and the rest of the Roland Cubes. They're very good quality for a reasonable price.

I would choose the Ibanez over the Dean, as low-price Deans have a reputation for being poor quality, although you'll always come across some bad models in Ibanez's ranges too (I'm unfamiliar with the model, personally, though I've found Ibanez good quality on the whole.)

The Dean Evo...I have a friend who has one, bitches about it frequently. The body/neck are good enough, but the input jack is terrible, loose-fitting and crackles when the cable is moved even slightly. The pickups are awful, too. Very muddy.

The only real answer here is to go and try them out in a shop though. Decide which one you like best, and try and look real hard for problems in both guitars, before you decide.
Keep the roland, and go with the ibanez. I have a gax20, pretty much the same with a superstrat shape, its not bad for the price.
Quote by dgonz
Nope. YOU need to decide that. Find that one that feels and sounds good to you, not the one some stranger on a forum suggests, which usually isn't the right one for you.

Someone who is completely new to guitar though won't really be able to make any sort of informed decision on what to get; there's a LOT to learn about guitars before you can really pick what you want without help.

Keeping that in mind, Ibanez is a very popular brand and their lower priced guitars (that do NOT have a locking tremolo) are very good for beginners. Dean is good too but they're not as popular in the lower end instruments. Depending on the kind of music you want to play, though, there are other good brands that might suit you better.
Get whatever feels the best to you, and sounds the best to you.
Also, what kind of music do you listen to (and would be playing), and how much are you willing to spend?
all these people telling him get whatever feel bes are stupid. If he's never played guitar before, how the hell is he supposed to try out the guitar to see if it feels better then the other one?
Anyways, my vote goes to the dean, because I've heard good things about their super budget models (less then 200 dollars), while with Ibanez, i think you need to spend at least 300 for a decent one.
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
I'm willing to spend $300-400 on the guitar and amp combined and I want to play some rock.(Guns n' Roses, Kiss, Black Sabbath, e.t.c)
1. I've got my mind set on the amp, but I heard some bad things about online guitars. Is it true??
2. And does that site ship to Canada? I'm in Alberta, Canada.

Please if you have better suggestions for a guitar and amp for someone who has NO experience playing guitar, post them.
Quote by ps2stony
I'm willing to spend $300-400 on the guitar and amp combined and I want to play some rock.(Guns n' Roses, Kiss, Black Sabbath, e.t.c)
1. I've got my mind set on the amp, but I heard some bad things about online guitars. Is it true??
2. And does that site ship to Canada? I'm in Alberta, Canada.

Please if you have better suggestions for a guitar and amp for someone who has NO experience playing guitar, post them.
Anyone?
ya musicans friend ships to canada but if u live in Calgary or Edmonton u should go to Axe music and buy the guitar from there to save on shipping
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
Quote by Shayne777
ya musicans friend ships to canada but if u live in Calgary or Edmonton u should go to Axe music and buy the guitar from there to save on shipping

I'm in Calgary, are there any Axe music stores in the south west or at least south east/north west?
Roland Micro Cube is good, and just get a basic typical Strat copy, maybe a Squier
You gotta love strats
id save up a little more and get this refurb

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-B-Stock-Les-Paul-Standard-Plain-Top-103812863-i1149387.gc

a solid azz guitar, well worth $329. theres tons of guys that have been playing for years that use these. it would be perferct for Guns N Roses type music

review... http://www.epiphone.com/reviews.asp?ProductID=44

video review... http://youtube.com/watch?v=TTzdcOcpyuE
Quote by ps2stony

I've got my mind set on the amp, but I heard some bad things about online guitars. Is it true??

Bad online guitars??
Quote by ps2stony
Bad online guitars??

As a new guitar player I didn't order online because I had no way of knowing if the guitar came set up correctly or if it was built decent, etc... I think beginners should get a buddy who plays guitar and have him go to a store to help ya pick out a nice guitar.
Last edited by TexasRG at May 28, 2008,
Most here will tell you to go play and decide. They told me that when I was in your shoes too. The problem is, at the time, I didn't even know how to form a chord and strum the guitar. Going to "try" it was absolutely worthless because I wasn't yet capable of doing anything.

Worst yet, even if you think you like the feel of one over the other, once you start playing better, your tastes may change. When I first started out, I preferred my Ibanez RG3 to my wife's MIM strat. I liked the thinner neck, and I preferred the flatter fretboard. Now that I'm getting a bit better, my tastes are beginning to shift toward the Strat for certain types of playing, namely chords and strumming.

Because there are so many "unknowns" at your beginning level, I'd forget about "playing" them. That won't be of much use to you. However, I would still recommend that you go to the store and look the two guitars over. Try to get a sense for which has the better build quality. It certainly doesn't hurt to try and play a few chords to see which feels better, but you likely won't feel much difference. See if one has objectionally sharp fret ends, or if one is more comfortable in your lap, since that's how you'll play it 99% of the time in the beginning.

Then after all that, buy the one that looks coolest. That's what most people wind up doing anyway.