Is this a good recording device? It's on sale for $95(reg 110) and i don't have any recording gear yet.(Its for my computer)
My Gear:
Jay Turser Warlock
Baraccuda Strat
Takamine EG523SC
Samick Acoustic
Vox AD50VT
Boss DS-1
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
The only thing I know about StealthPlug, is that it isn't working with 64-bit Vista. It's official, I've got this info from IK Multimedia tech.support.
I was also told that it works with 32-bit Vista, though.
I'd get a good interface first. THEN work on mics/MFX units etc.

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

Quote by Volta_91
I'd get a good interface first. THEN work on mics/MFX units etc.

Don't get what you mean. I thought StealthPlug is a complete solution, including:
hardware for connecting a guitar to PC,
hardware drivers,
software for capturing the sound and FX emulation.
So it's both interface (hardware with drivers) and FX units (emulated by software).
Well, do you not like your amp's tone? There are lightsnakes which are less expensive, and VST plugins like Freeamp that can mimick a guitar tone (or really awesome solutions like Izotope Trash which can really do crazy distortions).
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
its not worth the price IMO..Theres th toneports for around $100 and they have XLR and 1/4" inputs. They can also be used with other amp modeling softwares...if you dont like GearBox which I didnt...
Last edited by moody07747 at May 28, 2008,
Well the biggest musicstore i have nearby is musicstop(alantic canada) and if i got a light snake what programs would i need to record with?
My Gear:
Jay Turser Warlock
Baraccuda Strat
Takamine EG523SC
Samick Acoustic
Vox AD50VT
Boss DS-1
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Kristal, Mixcraft...any software that can handle 3rd party plugins (usually VST) that simulate an amplifier. You record clean, it'll output a tone.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101