Page 1 of 2
I know there is a football thread, but I felt that with the amount of people from both countries on here, it would be better to create a new thread.

Any Americans out there actually interested in this match? I'm never too sure how much you care when it comes to football (soccer)...

I think England will win, but it won't be an easy game! 2-1 or 3-1 maybe.
Last edited by David w at May 27, 2008,
As my nationality dictates: GO USA!
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Go Canada?
Quote by SharpSpoon
I think I can safely say I would still bang her knowing this information.

Lmao ^

Grundy0 > Cancer!
Oh god... Not another UK vs USA thread I got warned from the last one because everything every person from America said, i would bring it back to how crumpets win over bagels and any other breakfast food from the US Im that childish.

GO ENGLAND
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
England are shocking at the minute, which is so weird considering they have some of the best players in the world.

Since im Irish I might aswell support the Americans
Manchester United Est. 1878

Do you DIG?

Cos I DIG.
Quote by freedoms_stain
I'm hoping for a meteorite.

what if england actually defend from it. dear god...
Quote by andyd93
Oh god... Not another UK vs USA thread I got warned from the last one because everything every person from America said, i would bring it back to how crumpets win over bagels and any other breakfast food from the US Im that childish.

GO ENGLAND

It's about the football game coming up.
Manchester United Est. 1878

Do you DIG?

Cos I DIG.
Quote by andyd93

GO ENGLAND

I didn't intend this to become a thread where people argue about the two countries... but now it almost seems inevitable...
Quote by ctb
what if england actually defend from it. dear god...
England couldn't defend from a blind toddler.
Its tomorrow night and i reckon England will only just edge it maybe 1-0 or 2-1.
LTD EC-400VF
Ibanez RG321MHRB
2005 Epiphone Vintage SG G400
MXR EVH Phase 90
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS DD-7
Korg Pitchblack
Marshall JVM215C
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Quote by freedoms_stain
England couldn't defend from a blind toddler.

lol it'd probably know what one of the team is a donkey aswell.
Americans for the most part don't care about soccer (football). Our big sports are baseball, American football, basketball and hockey. Just look, David Beckham came here and no one has really heard from him since. So i guess what i am trying to say is most of us Americans won't care or even know if we lost so i hope the Brits win it

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
well england has iron maiden, led zeppelin, pink floyd, austin powers and james bond...let's see...im going for mexico...
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
Quote by screwup30
It's about the football game coming up.

Yeah, i know But like it will saty on the subject of footy lol.
Quote by Atomic_Assault

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Quote by David w

I didn't intend this to become a thread where people argue about the two countries... but now it almost seems inevitable...

Oh believe me, the end of this thread is near It is more than inevitable lol.
Quote by Atomic_Assault

PROUD EVERTONIAN
there's something i must admit...england soccer is much better than mexican soccer...and the states kicked our ass in the 2002 world cup because one of their players scored a goal with his hand, and they kicked our ass in most matches since then...

GO ENGLAND!!!
Quote by Vagabond21

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
Come on England...I suppose. I always want them to win but they are just so crap it is hard to support them sometimes. Hopefully they'll have a good game but I've learned not to get my hopes up about them.

Quote by ctb
who's in charge now? i forget. lol

Fabio Capello is England manager.
oh yeah. mexico's soccer is going down...canada kicked our ass...guatemala too...you know...i hate hugo sanchez...(you don't know what im talking about don't you?)
Quote by Vagabond21

Quote by tremeloud

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Quote by Sabu
Fabio Capello is England manager.

oh yeah.

he reminds me of harry enfield.
America cares about only one kind of football silly, 75% of them probably don't know we have a team so why would they know about this match
English milk tastes bad ...go USA!

We should get beat though.
I hope USA win and embarrass england...and im from england. !

Bring back english managers, bloody noses and brutal tackles !!!!!!!!! not ponsey over paid tactical rubbish.

Come on USA
Ooo, an Internation friendly *shudders*

Well at least it should be good preparation for our Euro 08 campaign.....oh wait......
Quote by GrissomFan
I hope USA win and embarrass england...and im from england. !

Bring back english managers, bloody noses and brutal tackles !!!!!!!!! not ponsey over paid tactical rubbish.

Come on USA

Yeah, bring back Steve Mclaren. I think that'll do it.
I tried to get into football (really i did) durring the last world cup. Football is just boreing to me to watch because i dont quiet understand defensive schemes or set-up for shots on goal. + it didnt help any that US sucked ass

Its a fun game to play, but it puts me to sleep to watch(must be what Brits think of baseball)
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
Quote by David w

Well, you did title the thread "England vs USA," so what did you expect. They always become a flamefest, with intelligent and mature Britons making worthwhile, interesting and substantial arguments and Americans making childish insults and misinformed stereotypes.

Anyway, on the subject of the Footie match, my friend is travelling to London to watch it tomorrow, and he says, despite England's current football crapness, we'll still win.

I love how we invent just about every sport played across the world - Rugby, Football, Cricket, Tennis etc - yet we're rubbish at them.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
It doesn't matter if they're playing poor at the moment, they are still my National team and I will support them regardless because I am not a glory hunter. I think 3-0 to England. England are undoubtedly a better side between the two but they're might be problems between the team - like there usually is. Gerrard gets a hattrick; all volleys .

Or he plays shit, like he does almost every time he plays for England.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
America isn't going to be interested because in order for America to be interested, the team needs:
Tom Brady
Kobe Bryant
Peyton Manning
Dale Earnhardt, Jr.
Derek Jeter
Tiger Woods
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by freddaahh

I love how we invent just about every sport played across the world - Rugby, Football, Cricket, Tennis etc - yet we're rubbish at them.

Well it's the only way you can win. It's like the Indians and cricket, you invent the game .. .beat them for hunderds of year...THEN they become citezens, learn to read - read the rules and kick your arse.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Its a shame that Brad Friedel retired for the USA a while ago; he is a world-class keeper- would have been good to see him against England.
Quote by freedoms_stain
I'm hoping for a meteorite.

This.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Quote by David w
Its a shame that Brad Friedel retired for the USA a while ago; he is a world-class keeper- would have been good to see him against England.

Tim Howard is way better. Is he playing?
Quote by Brown925
No one in America cares about soccer.

Great?
Quote by plucky duck
I tried to get into football (really i did) durring the last world cup. Football is just boreing to me to watch because i dont quiet understand defensive schemes or set-up for shots on goal. + it didnt help any that US sucked ass

Its a fun game to play, but it puts me to sleep to watch(must be what Brits think of baseball)

Since when has 'trying' to get into something ever worked? These things should be natural, people have different tastes - you don't like football, some people do.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
Quote by GrissomFan

Growing up lots of my friends would say similar things to this, and I agree.

Let's forget poncey foreign nonsense like being a composed passing side who are comfortable on the ball and are capable of calm defensive play and keeping possession as well as being an attractive and exciting attacking side. Dribbling? Skill? Technique? Flair? Bollocks to it all.

This should be our tactics: 4 4 2, one touch then boot it up in the air to a big man (Heskey and Crouch up front and we'll be unstoppable). That, a bit of British stiff upper lip and an inexplicable delusion that we're both a great team and are entitled to win everything will carry us through.

I'm glad England didn't qualify, hopefully I can enjoy an international tournament free of the hysteria.

As for the friendly, last time I saw the US play was at the last world cup and their play was pretty dross. I'm slightly more optimistic about England than I have been for quite a while, hopefully Fabio can at least intimidate them in to being more than mediocre, so I'll say England to edge it 2 - 1.

Mind you last time I felt optimistic about a football team was when Ashley and Allardyce went to Newcastle, which shows what I know - if you've read this post it's probably best you disregard everything in it.
Most likely be a waste of time watching this but I will anyway.
The things you can count on with the USA is speed and the mindset to play till the end. The things you can count on with the current England team is a dull match and settling once they have a goal.

Hope it isn't as embarrasing as I'm expecting.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Page 1 of 2