I'm currently in a metalcore/deathcore band. We've just been put into a rough spot, and i'd love some adive. Originally, we shared two members with a friend's band who have had moderate success and been playing together longer than us, one playing guitar for both bands, and the other screaming for us and playing bass for them. Now, we just found out that our screamer is replacing theirs in the other band, and they're getting a new bass player to replace him. This bothers us because he was one of the main points of our band, being the amazing screamer that he is, and really made us stand out and be different from the other band, who are pretty much a brother band to us.

There's other issues in play here as well. We were looking to continue to play more gigs this summer. With what is happening now, we get limited to when we can play due to their schedule. They're also recording an EP this summer, and we were planning on recording a Demo. Either way, the other band is severly limiting what we can do.

So my question is: What would you do in this situation?
Guitars
Epiphone G-400
Ibanez RG350DX
Amps
Marshall MG50DFX
Fender Bronco
Pedals
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
MXR EVH Flanger
Boss MT-2
Boss NS-2

www.myspace.com/readysetbingo

Quote by Baba O'Riley
SGRocker407 you have some epic hair. Most curly.
get new ppl 2 fill in the spots
My Gear:
Jay Turser Warlock
Baraccuda Strat
Takamine EG523SC
Samick Acoustic
Vox AD50VT
Boss DS-1
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
I'd give them the choice, to leave the other band or get kicked out of yours. They may be hard to replace if they leave but at least you're gonna be filling their slots again sooner rather than having them leaving a few months down the line and that being a pain in the arse.

I'm in two bands at the moment, and it's really clear that I care about one and not the other. I'm really wasting their time to be honest, but I doubt they'll last long anyway so I'm staying with them. But yeah, give them the choice. If they choose your band you win as well!

The downside to doing this though is that if they quickly get bored of the other band they won't be in yours anymore to quit theirs, if you get what I mean.
talk to those members and see what they want to do.
they mght be interested in going on with your band.
but you have to be prepared to lose them as well.
its honestly not fair for your band to be limited due to them.
so again
have a band meeting and let them know what youre worried about and see what happens.
First Emo of the Bass Militia PM DinkyDaisy to join
Quote by metaldud536
Did your know your son likes to fap?

Quote by Minkaro
I'd rather shove a Pidgeot up my arse than spend any time with Jimmy Page.

Quote by Table Salt
You win for making me really laugh.

add that:
Myspace
yh give them a choice, i would first find replacements, and THEN give them the choice on wether they stay or go.
Make sure you tell them at your house, that way it can be more harsh.

"You can leave their band, or get out of my house"
Quote by scguitarking927
try to find another singer, but don't get rid of the guy you have now until you have a singer/screamer that you can count on and like.

Exactly what I was going to say.
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
Talk to the two members. Find out if they are serious about your band. If they're not replace them.
WARNING:This post contains explicit portrayals of violence; sex; violent sex; sexual violence; clowns and violent scenes of violent excess, which are definitely not suitable for all audiences.
At this point, it's only the drummer and I that share the concern. Our bassist is alright with it, but he understands our concern. I talked to our singer yesterday and he said that this band is pretty much a side-project for him, but he doesn't see any problem with fronting two bands. I have yet to talk to the other guitar player, but I plan on bringing it up at practice this week with everyone at a band meeting.

I'm not looking to kick them out necessarily. The screamer first off is probably the best screamer in the area (IMO), a great lyric writer, and even helps to write a few guitar riffs and bass progressions for us. The guitarist is way better than I am, sad to say, and while I know all of his parts and can play them fine, He and I have been the main writing force with the singer. So the reason I'm not too keen on losing them is because of the writing.
Guitars
Epiphone G-400
Ibanez RG350DX
Amps
Marshall MG50DFX
Fender Bronco
Pedals
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
MXR EVH Flanger
Boss MT-2
Boss NS-2

www.myspace.com/readysetbingo

Quote by Baba O'Riley
SGRocker407 you have some epic hair. Most curly.
If it gets to the point where he can't practice, play gigs etc. cos he's with the other band, I'd say by then it's time to start looking for someone else. But let him make the decision for himself, it could be he prefers being in your band.