I just got a new jackson dinky with a floyd rose and about about 10 min of playing it will go at least a half step out of tune. I have it tuned to drop c with ernie ball heavy bottem skinny tops.
Has the Claw Spring been adjusted to compensate for the dropped tuning / different gauge strings?
I'd use a Baritone for playing that low. Or you will have to adjust the bridge quite a bit.
You need to adjust the spring tension because it is set up for standard. Remove the backplate and adjust the springs until the floyd rose is parallel with the body.
arent heavy bottoms skinny tops bad for ur guitars nexk since the neck is pulling with different tensions on each side?
you might need to adjust the springs under the back cover
Gear
Schecter C1 Hellraiser FR
1967 Ventura Les Paul Copy
Marshall JCM 2000 Dual Super Lead
Quote by K!!LsWiTcH
arent heavy bottoms skinny tops bad for ur guitars nexk since the neck is pulling with different tensions on each side?

On any guitar the bottom strings are going to be thicker than the top ones..
Quote by Cuddrow
I'd use a Baritone for playing that low. Or you will have to adjust the bridge quite a bit.

Then he would have to tune up.
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
adjust the spring/string tension ratio? Maybe need to change the guage?
This has been stated above, but they were right.
-Andrew H
band: syncopated groove punch
Quote by Cuddrow

Drop C's not that low. You can go that low with just heavy gauge strings. I tune to drop A# on a non-baritone stop tailpiece bridge with 12 gauge strings.
I used to tune my Jackson down to Drop C, but after I got a Baritone, I use it for anything below C#. Not that I commonly drop below Eb, but I found the Baritone getting a better feel at the Drop C tuning.
I use an ESP M100FM LTD. its got a licensed floyd on it. I,m using ernie ball super slinkys.These good or bad? mine go out of tune but i adjusted my clawplate, steretched them, penciled the locking nut block with graphite, the whole 9.