hello i have a roland micro cube and a cort evl k-4... the evl has some passive emg hz h4s an i would like to upgrade the pickups maybe but im afraid i wont get much difference in a cube or any other ss amp. i guess i wont be able to buy tube amp for my bedroom ever so if changes wont make any difference because of the amp i will keep the guitar normal but i would really like to have some hard distortion something like in flames and children of bodom pleaseee help me!
If the distortion on the cube isn't cutting it, then you're kind of stuck. Perhaps play with the settings more, or run a high quality metal distortion pedal over the cube's cleans.
If you get significantly hotter pu's, you'll be able to tell with either ss or tube. In fact, you can get a good crunch at lower volume easier with a ss. If your amp isn't crunching to your liking, get a good metal pedal.
Guitar & Bass
EMG`s in my warlock sounded alot better with my Spider 1/2 stack, i`m talkin the active not passive EMG HZ`s

but the HZ`s can`t be that bad, i`d try a distortion pedal 1st, the Boss Metal Zone MT-2 sounds alright with SS amps, as long as it`s not a Spider amp. i don`t know about the cubes.
better pups wont improve much on the cube. instead of spending $200 or so on pups+$60 on installation+another $100 for a distortion pedal why cant you put that towards a better amp down the line?
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Last edited by shredhead22 at May 27, 2008,
where are you located?
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless