Poll: Smoke marijuana?
Poll Options
View poll results: Smoke marijuana?
Yes, smoke marijuana to be with the girl
50 60%
No, mamma’s more important (or other reason)
33 39%
Voters: 84.
Page 1 of 2
As the title says, I have a bit of a dilemma. Now I don’t usually ask The Pit these kinds of questions but I want some opinions in this case.

Okay so here’s the dilemma (I’ll try to keep it short and sweet; tl;dr at bottom just in case). Basically, this girl in my science class, who’s pretty hot + nice (I’ve had a thing for her and it seems she likes me too), asked me if I would like to smoke marijuana with her and some of her girlfriends.

Now I’m not one who’s too crazy about drugs. I mean I’ve been offered before by friends but just tell them I don’t feel like it. But in this case, I have a shot with some girl. And she told me she’s not really a pothead, but smokes maybe once or twice a month with friends.

Now the only reason I’m questioning whether to go ahead with this decision (I told her “sure&rdquo is that I’m kind of a mamma’s boy and don’t really want her (my mom) to get mad at me. I am an only child, so I feel as if I can’t let her down – if she found out that is.

So I guess I need opinions on what I should do, if you (The Pit) have had any similar situations, and if so, how you’d dealt with it.

Also, how obvious is it when you smoke marijuana? I know when my friend’s eyes are red, he’s usually been smoking. But as for the smell, he smokes cigarettes too so I can’t really tell. Just wondering, is Visine (eye drops) a good solution for red eyes? What are some other symptoms, and if any, how do you cover them up?

tl;dr – I’m a mamma’s boy and can’t decide if I should smoke marijuana and risk getting caught, just to be with a girl.

Maybe I'll add a poll too...
It's very easy for a sober person to tell if someone else is high. As for your other question, worrying about the consequences isn't really a good excuse not to try it. If it's against your values, that's one thing, but I say go for it to see what it's like if you're not against it.

EDIT: Of course, if you feel like you NEED to do it to keep your shot with the girl, that's a different story.
Go for it.... I'm not saying for you to do drugs though...

Ask your mom !
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by acersucks
As the title says, I have a bit of a dilemma. Now I don’t usually ask The Pit these kinds of questions but I want some opinions in this case.

Okay so here’s the dilemma (I’ll try to keep it short and sweet; tl;dr at bottom just in case). Basically, this girl in my science class, who’s pretty hot + nice (I’ve had a thing for her and it seems she likes me too), asked me if I would like to smoke marijuana with her and some of her girlfriends.

Now I’m not one who’s too crazy about drugs. I mean I’ve been offered before by friends but just tell them I don’t feel like it. But in this case, I have a shot with some girl. And she told me she’s not really a pothead, but smokes maybe once or twice a month with friends.

Now the only reason I’m questioning whether to go ahead with this decision (I told her “sure&rdquo is that I’m kind of a mamma’s boy and don’t really want her (my mom) to get mad at me. I am an only child, so I feel as if I can’t let her down – if she found out that is.

So I guess I need opinions on what I should do, if you (The Pit) have had any similar situations, and if so, how you’d dealt with it.

Also, how obvious is it when you smoke marijuana? I know when my friend’s eyes are red, he’s usually been smoking. But as for the smell, he smokes cigarettes too so I can’t really tell. Just wondering, is Visine (eye drops) a good solution for red eyes? What are some other symptoms, and if any, how do you cover them up?

tl;dr – I’m a mamma’s boy and can’t decide if I should smoke marijuana and risk getting caught, just to be with a girl.

Maybe I'll add a poll too...

urrmm...u don't know how it's gonna affect u until u've done it...

is this ur first time... cos if it is... don't do it when ur nervous...
<--- This is Wally. Not Waldo.

Gear List:
Ibanez RG570
Fender MIA Strat (in black, HSS)
Godawful Marshall MG practice amp

My Youtube
My godawful blog
You should smoke with her. It will get you on a much more personal relationship with her than if you rejected, and smoking marijuana isn't that bad for you. Before everyone is like "z0mgz pothead! Drugs kill" I'm a nerdy white kid that has never touched a drug in his life, I think it's okay from my personal research.
dont do drugs just to get a girl (I used the tl;dr)
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Do it, but make sure you practice a couple of times before, because if u dont know how to smoke, they'll probably laught at u. Heck the first time i smoked i didnt even get high since i didnt inhale the stuff!!!

But do it for the sake of poon
wow tough situation man
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American Strat
Taylor 214ce
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier (about to be Voodoo Modded)
Keeley TS-808
Boss GT-10 Processor
Boss RC-20xl
I really don't have any views against drugs, just that I never really cared about doing drugs.
Also, I read my post and I hope it doesn't sound as if I'm saying that I want to smoke to look cool, rather to be with this girl. I mean I really suck at asking girls out so this is kind of a good thing that she asked me to do something with her.
well, just spray yourself before your go out infront of your mum, then take it with you and spray yourself after you do it to cover up smell for a start.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
It really isn't that obvious when you smoke, especially when you're only planning on doing it once maybe twice.

Unless your mother is a nervous wreck who questions everything you do then she might get paranoid about it and question you. If not, then I doubt she'll notice.

Just use deoderant for the smell.
"They credited us with the birth of that sort of heavy metal thing. Well, if that's the case, there should be an immediate abortion." - Ginger Baker

Quote by alexlemon2
I've been here long enough, and nobody knows who teh fudge I am

I cry at night
I think that weed is by no means a bad thing. However, I also see your point about respecting parents; that's actually the exact reason for my current herb hiatus. However, if you've never even TRIED it... go for it, man.

Not everyone even gets redeye (I never do), but for those who do visine works wonders. The effects are fairly easy to hide (MUCH easier than alcohol, to offer a comparison)... I've smoked then gone to class five minutes later and been fine, so I'm sure you can pull it off. If you're nervous, just take some time to sober up before going home to your mama.

YOu're lucky to find a girl who appreciates weed. She'll have a laidback enough personality for sure, and that's definately a good quality.
heh... funny. i actually started smoking cigarettes when i was 18, because this cute girl at work would go out on smoke breaks, and i noticed she was alone most the time. so there i went... and i actually kept the habbit for 10 years, even though we only dated (yes, it worked!) for about 6 months. the things we do for women. anyway, if you're curious about that stuff anyway, i say you make the call. so long as you know enough about yourself and trust you will not become a total pothead - if that is what you're dreading. and your mother will have to cut the cord sooner or later. just be smart about it, regardless of what you decide to do. and i'm sure you're going to get a lot of sh1t from the pit monkeys about being a pu55y, be prepared to get flamed.
How is this tough? It's a win-win situation!
Why can’t a heterosexual guy tell a heterosexual guy that he thinks his booty is fly?

Quote by Curious Jeff
These posts are too long. Just do some drugs
6 posts at the exact same time!!!!!11111

EDIT: ****e....8 in one minute

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Try it once before meetin her cos u might act like an idiot when stoned, if u aint too bad, try it with her but only have a BIT but say u aint a fan of it n just wana few drags, so it kinda shows u aint a mommas boy but u aint afraid to smoke weed! After that tell her from now on you dont wana do nemore (if she asks again), but not in an insultin way 2 people who do! main point is - try to be aware of what you'd look like, if you was someone else seein u stoned! prevent yourself from goin over the top, n dont get too paranoid!
One last thing - ***APPARENTLY*** smokin weed gets girls goin!!
Ive personally never seen a stoned girl get horny, but maybe cos i aint brad pitt! Gd luck n let us know how it goes!
I'm not afraid of becoming addicted or anything and the girl also knows that I've never smoked before so I'm sure she'll be nice about it (and her friends too, I know all of them). It's just a question of whether I should do it or not.

Thanks for the replies so far.

Edit: I've read some things about marijuana being a sexual stimulant, but I would never take advantage of someone while they were under the influence of any mind-altering substance.
Quote by Remster_gee
Try it once before meetin her cos u might act like an idiot when stoned, if u aint too bad, try it with her but only have a BIT but say u aint a fan of it n just wana few drags, so it kinda shows u aint a mommas boy but u aint afraid to smoke weed! After that tell her from now on you dont wana do nemore (if she asks again), but not in an insultin way 2 people who do! main point is - try to be aware of what you'd look like, if you was someone else seein u stoned! prevent yourself from goin over the top, n dont get too paranoid!
Ive personally never seen a stoned girl get horny, but maybe cos i aint brad pitt! Gd luck n let us know how it goes!

its almost as good as angry sex
thats all i have to say
Quote by SharpSpoon
I think I can safely say I would still bang her knowing this information.

Lmao ^

Grundy0 > Cancer!
What the hell ? If it'S your first time you aren't going to have a full-potential effect, if on top of that you only take a toke or two (different thing if it's a whole j but I doubt you'd smoke as much) well you won't feel much, and as for 'clear-eyes' stuff it's erasing the most obvious symptom, after 4-5 minutes your eyes are as they would be 'soberly'
I love music, if music would be a girl then I'd date her, until then let's get back on Earth
Quote by Remster_gee

If you are really freaked about doing it. Dont.

I smoke every now and then. It is very easy to hide. Spray yourself with Axe or some other body spray afterwards. I'm high around people all the time, you can still act cool and normal. Chewing gum after helps clear up the smell from your mouth. Also, none of my friends get red eye but everyone is different.
^^^
I was gonna do that.
Dammit.

Do it dude.
Besides explain to her that its not your thing but she can do it if she wants to.
And you won't become a pothead unless you do like tons of it in one go.

Cover yourself up in some nice deodrant and spray a little before you get home so alot of the smell dissipates and leaves just enough for you to smell natural.
Not to arouse alot of suspicion.

Also,
Being a mama's boy.
Try not to let the guilt kill you.

And most importantly: Tell us if you have SEX !
*hopes no one notices lack-of-sig*

o noez !
we've been spotted.
ruuuuuuuun

my username was a mistake

get used to it.
Quote by rocka_boy
And most importantly: Tell us if you have SEX !

She's not like that - I just want to hang out with her for now.
Do heroin instead, she'll think you're badass.

Then smack her around a bit.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Anybody who uses pot as a social invitation is likely retarded, and if you don't smoke it would be stupid to pursue a relationship with a girl like that. I have no problem with pot, but the way I see it is pretty logical methinks.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
You could just go with her and not smoke.

EDIT: Don't worry, it won't make her think less of you like in some stupid teen movie. But if it does bother her she's a bitch and you should roundhouse kick her and run away.
Last edited by BodaciousZac at May 27, 2008,
haha its gonna be ur first time. ur gonna be laughin for a bout 30 minutes. hysterically (sp?) and possibly more than once. be prepared for slow-mo, hunger, fast-mo, being extremely concentrated on one thing at a time and no multi-tasking. dont talk on the phone!!!! my dad called me once when i was high and asked if my brother was here and i was thinkin, what the hell kinda stupid question is that and i said 'yea he lives here!' so. yea.
I'd say go for it and live a little. For all I know you only go through life once man, I'd be disappointed if I missed something.

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
You cant smell it on hair or clothes... So thats gotta be an upside. But the problem is the red-eye and total change in personality lol.
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Quote by BodaciousZac
You could just go with her and not smoke.

+1. Remember she's not forcing you to smoke with them, she just asked if you'd like to join them. It doesn't mean you HAVE to smoke, I'm sure they won't mind.
I just need about $3.50
(<X.X)O=('.'Q)

I'm the motherflippin'
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Do heroin instead, she'll think you're badass.

Then smack her around a bit.

I agree with this guy. Heroin is the way to a girl's heart.
"They credited us with the birth of that sort of heavy metal thing. Well, if that's the case, there should be an immediate abortion." - Ginger Baker

Quote by alexlemon2
I've been here long enough, and nobody knows who teh fudge I am

I cry at night
Wait about 3-4 hours after you smoke before you go home and you'll be fine. Try not to sit in a place that all the smoke goes over.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
I know she wouldn't mind if I said no. I don't really have a problem with smoking it, but just the fear of getting caught and having my mom get mad at me/ lose hope in me (you know how some mothers are).

My mom's not over-protective or anything, but she's not stupid, you know?
Do it, just make sure that you've sobered up when you get back home. Duh.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by Meths
Wait about 3-4 hours after you smoke before you go home and you'll be fine. Try not to sit in a place that all the smoke goes over.

Good idea, that's why I try to smoke weed outside if possible, the smell doesn't stick to you, and it's much more fun getting totally spaced out when outside.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Heroin doesn't leave a smell.
Do heroin.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Page 1 of 2