I can play guitar to a very decent level now and have been able to for quite a while now. I have been gigging for around two years now in two different bands and covering for the odd gig. However i have now hit that rough patch that i hear a lot of other people moan about. I CANNOT SEEM TO GET ANY BETTER! And its annoying. I have been thinking prehaps im best going back to basics, another main point to add here is that my music theory isn't the best. And i do want to learn more about what im playing and the reason why what im playing sounds right. Im just wondering has anyone got any tips for these issues? Are they any books (with theory books ones that more specifically focus on guitar). If anyone knows of anything a reply would be great!
Thanks guys.
www.myspace.com/abnegative <<< Check It!
clases!

really, i used to be like you!

with the aproppiate guy they work.
Ivan!

Proghead+Metalhead= ME

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

URL=http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ar gentina
if you continue to do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.
the definition of insanity is doing something the exact same way twice and expecting different results. any of this making sense?

maybe you need to start challenging yourself to get better. find out what you want to get better at and work on it, continuously. a lot of people stop trying to better themselves because once you get to a certain point you can continue to improve but the learning curve is far more gradual and instead of seeing improvements in weeks you start only seeing them in months (like 3 to 6 months, seriously i'm working on sweeping and i have to compare what i'm doing now to what i was doing a year ago to feel any pride at all in what i've accomplished and even that is somewhat minimal)
thats they only thing, finding the right dude. I have had a couple but one taught me most of what he could and the other was a money grabber that didn't really teach me anything. Might be worth looking again though.
www.myspace.com/abnegative <<< Check It!
well if you know someone that knows theory than ask him/her to help you...i don't know about the books though...i learned all the theory at music school...hey! if you have a lot of free time on your hands start going to a music school ( i know it might sound dumb...but hey)
...Fender + Ritchie Blackmore = hours and hours of GREAT music and guitar execusions...